Match No. 205 - Saturday, 17th October 1936, 3:30pm
- Seymour Morris, 64'
- Pat Glover, 66'
- Bert GrayAlbert Gray.
Born 23rd Sep 1900, Tredegar.
- Bert TurnerHerbert Gwyn Turner.
Born 19th Jun 1909, Caerphilly.
- Bob JohnRobert Frederick John.
Born 3rd Feb 1899, Barry.
- Jack WarnerJohn Warner.
Born 21st Sep 1911.
- Tom GriffithsThomas Percival Griffiths.
Born 21st Feb 1906, Wrexham.
- Dai RichardsDavid Thomas Richards.
Born 31st Oct 1906, Abercanaid.
- Idris HopkinsIdris Morgan Hopkins.
Born 11th Oct 1910, Merthyr Tydfil.
- Bryn JonesBrynmor Jones.
Born 14th Feb 1912, Merthyr Tydfil.
- Pat GloverErnest Matthew Glover.
Born 9th Sep 1910, Swansea.
- Leslie JonesLeslie Jenkin Jones.
Born 1st Jul 1911, Aberdare.
- Seymour MorrisSeymour Morris.
Born 15th Feb 1913, Ynyshir.
- Assist: Ray Westwood. "Barker sent clearance to Bastin and the winger passed to Westwood, who responded with a return through pass that gave the Arsenal man a clear opening for a grand low oblique shot along the ground from 25 yards out." Cliff Bastin8th of 12 goals. , 44'
- Ted CatlinSheffield Wed, 1st of 5 caps
26 years, 9 months, 6 days
- Tom SmalleyWolves, Only Cap
24 years, 9 months, 4 days
- Jack BarkerDerby, 11th of 11 caps
29 years, 7 months, 18 days (c)1st captaincy
- Eric KeenDerby, 2nd of 4 caps
26 years, 0 months, 13 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 25th of 26 caps
28 years, 9 months, 1 day
- Billy ScottBrentford, Only Cap
28 years, 10 months, 11 day
- Ray WestwoodBolton, 6th of 6 caps
24 years, 6 months, 3 days
- Cliff BastinArsenal, 16th of 21 caps
24 years, 7 months, 3 days
- Player MilestoneHarry Holdcroft's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBert Sproston's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneTed Catlin's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneTom Smalley's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Barker's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneSammy Crooks' 25th Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Scott's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneFreddie Steele's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneRay Westwood's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneCliff Bastin, 44' - 600th goal scored by England
- The Times "England's defeat at Cardiff", Monday 19th October 1936, Page 6
- Ireland William McLean
- Down 2 places, losing -23 ranking points to 1916 points England - 7th - 2
- Wales - 12th