Match No. 206 - Wednesday, 18th November 1936
- Assist: Fred Worrall. A centre from Worrall met the head of Carter. Raich Carter1st of 7 goals. , 30'
- Assist: Freddie Steele. "Steele veered out to the left wing and crossed the ball back to Bastin, whose shot hit the inside of the far goal-post and rebounded into the net." Cliff Bastin9th of 12 goals. , 67'
- Assist: Joe Johnson. "a centre by Johnson found the Irish defence out of position and Worrall right in front of goal." Fred Worrall2nd of 2 goals. , 75'
- Harry HoldcroftPreston NE, 2nd of 2 caps
27 years, 9 months, 26 days
- George MaleArsenal, 11th of 19 caps
26 years, 6 months, 10 days
Right Back (c)1st captaincy
- Ted CatlinSheffield Wed, 2nd of 5 caps
26 years, 10 months, 7 days
- Cliff BrittonEverton, 5th of 9 caps
27 years, 2 months, 20 days
- Charles GeeEverton, 3rd of 3 caps
27 years, 7 months, 12 days
- Eric KeenDerby, 3rd of 4 caps
26 years, 1 month, 14 days
- Fred WorrallPortsmouth, 2nd of 2 caps
26 years, 2 months, 10 days
- Raich CarterSunderland, 4th of 13 caps
22 years, 10 months, 28 days
- Freddie SteeleStoke City, 2nd of 6 caps
20 years, 6 months, 12 days
- Cliff BastinArsenal, 17th of 21 caps
24 years, 8 months, 4 days
- Joe JohnsonStoke City, 1st of 5 caps
25 years, 7 months, 14 days
- Tom Davis, 43'
- Tommy BreenThomas Breen.
Born 27th Apr 1912, Drogheda.
- Billy CookWilliam Cook.
Born 20th Jan 1909, Coleraine.
- Bertie FultonRobert Patrick Fulton.
Born 6th Nov 1906, Larne.
- Keiller McCulloughKeiller McCullough.
Born 25th Mar 1905, Larne.
- Jack JonesJohn Jones.
Born 3rd Apr 1907, Lurgan.
- Billy MitchellWilliam Mitchell.
Born 22nd Nov 1910, Lurgan.
- Jackie BrownJohn Brown.
Born 8th Nov 1914, Belfast.
- Alex StevensonAlexander Ernest Stevenson.
Born 9th Aug 1912, Dublin.
- Tom DavisThomas Lawrence Davis.
Born 3rd Feb 1911, Dublin.
- Peter DohertyPeter Dermot Doherty.
Born 5th Jun 1913, Magherafelt.
- Jimmy KellyJames Kelly.
Born 1911, Ballybofey.
- First Scorer?The Times suggests Steele headed in the first England goal.
- Player MilestoneHarry Holdcroft's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneCharles Gee's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Worrall's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJoe Johnson's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneRaich Carter's 1st Goal
- Scotland Willie E Webb
- No change in rank, gaining 7 ranking points to 1923 points England - 7th
- Ireland - 25th