Match No. 203 - Wednesday, 6th May 1936
- "...Sindelar outwitted Copping and started the movement which resulted in Viertl...scoring the first goal after eleven minutes." Rudolf Viertl, 11'
- "The cheers were renewed six minutes later when Genter, the right wing...shot past Sagar and scored as the goalkeeper advanced." Rudolf Geiter, 18'
- Peter PlatzerPeter Platzer.
Born 29th May 1910.
- Willibald SchmausWillibald Schmaus.
Born 16th Jun 1912.
- Karl SestaKarl Sesztak.
Born 18th Mar 1906, Vienna.
- Johann UrbanekJohann Urbanek.
Born 10th Oct 1910.
- Johann MockJohann Mock.
Born 9th Dec 1906, Vienna.
- Walter NauschWalter Nausch.
Born 5th Feb 1907, Vienna.
- Rudolf GeiterRudolf Geiter.
Born 18th Apr 1913.
- Josef StrohJosef Stroh.
Born 5th Mar 1913.
- Matthias SindelarMatěj Šindelář.
Born 10th Feb 1903, Kozlau.
- Josef BicanJosef Bican.
Born 25th Sep 1913, Vienna.
- Rudolf ViertlRudolf Viertl.
Born 12th Nov 1902, Schwechat.
- Assist: Cliff Bastin. "The Austrian defence...managed to hold out until nine minutes after half time...A shot from Bastin... was only partially cleared by Platzer, and Camsell headed in to reduce the arrears." George Camsell17th of 18 goals, 54'
- Ted SagarEverton, 3rd of 4 caps
26 years, 2 months, 27 days
- George MaleArsenal, 9th of 19 caps
25 years, 11 month, 29 days
- Eddie HapgoodArsenal, 17th of 30 caps
27 years, 7 months, 12 days (c)9th captaincy
- Jack BarkerDerby, 10th of 11 caps
29 years, 2 months, 7 days
- Wilf CoppingArsenal, 9th of 20 caps
28 years, 8 months, 20 days
- Dick SpenceChelsea, 1st of 2 caps
27 years, 9 months, 19 days
- Ray BowdenArsenal, 5th of 6 caps
26 years, 7 months, 23 days
- George CamsellMiddlesbrough, 8th of 9 caps
33 years, 5 months, 9 days
- Cliff BastinArsenal, 15th of 21 caps
24 years, 1 month, 23 days
- Player NameKarl Sesta was born Karl Szestak but changed his name.
- Player MilestoneDick Spence's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHarold Hobbis' 1st Cap
- The Times "England beaten in Austria", Thursday 7th May 1936, Page 18
- Birmingham Daily Gazette "Strong defence foils English attack" Thursday 7th May 1936, page 14.
- The Guardian "Austria defeats England", Thursday 7th May 1936, page 4.
- Belgium John Langenus
- No change in rank, losing -9 ranking points to 1957 points England - 4th
- Austria - 10th