Match No. 196 - Wednesday, 6th February 1935
- Assist: Jackie Bestall. "Bastin pushed the ball out to Brook, turned his centre inside to Bestall, who held the ball while Bastin ran forward for the return pass, which he met, and Breen had not the slightest chance of saving his shot." Cliff Bastin5th of 12 goals. , 18'
- "Bastin placed the ball out to Crooks, and, as is his usual custom, ran forward, but he could not control it. The ball ran almost to the goal-line; Bastin got it; turned towards the corner-flag; swung round, and got in a shot from an angle which mathematically ought to have been impossible." Cliff Bastin6th of 12 goals. , 70'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 21st of 25 caps
28 years, 8 months, 10 days
- George MaleArsenal, 2nd of 19 caps
24 years, 8 months, 29 days
- Eddie HapgoodArsenal, 10th of 30 caps
26 years, 4 months, 12 days
Left Back (c)2nd captaincy
- Cliff BrittonEverton, 3rd of 9 caps
25 years, 5 months, 8 days
- Jack BarkerDerby, 3rd of 11 caps
27 years, 11 month, 7 days
- Wilf CoppingArsenal, 8th of 20 caps
27 years, 5 months, 20 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 22nd of 26 caps
27 years, 0 months, 21 day
- Jackie BestallGrimsby, Only Cap
34 years, 7 months, 12 days
- Ted DrakeArsenal, 2nd of 5 caps
22 years, 5 months, 21 day
- Cliff BastinArsenal, 10th of 21 caps
22 years, 10 months, 23 days
- Eric BrookMan City, 11th of 18 caps
27 years, 2 months, 9 days
- Alex Stevenson, 50'
- Tommy BreenThomas Breen.
Born 27th Apr 1912, Drogheda.
- Billy CookWilliam Cook.
Born 20th Jan 1909, Coleraine.
- Bertie FultonRobert Patrick Fulton.
Born 6th Nov 1906, Larne.
- Bill GowdyWilliam Alexander Gowdy.
Born 24th Dec 1903, Belfast.
- Jack JonesJohn Jones.
Born 3rd Apr 1907, Lurgan.
- Billy MitchellWilliam Mitchell.
Born 22nd Nov 1910, Lurgan.
- Jackie BrownJohn Brown.
Born 8th Nov 1914, Belfast.
- Peter DohertyPeter Dermot Doherty.
Born 5th Jun 1913, Magherafelt.
- Davy MartinDavid Kirker Martin.
Born 1st Feb 1914, Belfast.
Known as Boy.
- Alex StevensonAlexander Ernest Stevenson.
Born 9th Aug 1912, Dublin.
- Jackie CoulterJohn Coulter.
Born 1912, Whiteabbey.
- Coulter: Missed Penalty"Soon after" Ireland's equaliser Coulter struck a penalty against the bar after Hapgood handled in the area.
- Player MilestoneJackie Bestall's Only Cap
- Scotland Willie E Webb
- No change in rank, gaining 3 ranking points to 2018 points England - 3rd
- Ireland - 19th