Match No. 194 - Saturday, 29th September 1934
- Roy JohnWilliam Ronald John.
Born 29th Jan 1911, Briton Ferry.
- Sid LawrenceSid Lawrence.
Born 16th Mar 1909, Wales.
- David JonesDavid Jones.
Born 28th Oct 1910, Cardiff.
- Jimmy MurphyJames Patrick Murphy.
Born 8th Aug 1910, Pentre.
- Tom GriffithsThomas Percival Griffiths.
Born 21st Feb 1906, Wrexham.
- Dai RichardsDavid Thomas Richards.
Born 31st Oct 1906, Abercanaid.
- Charlie PhillipsCuthbert Phillips.
Born 23rd Jun 1910, Newport.
- Taffy O'CallaghanEugene O'Callaghan.
Born 6th Oct 1906, Ebbw Vale.
- Ronnie WilliamsRonnie Williams.
Born 23rd Jan 1907, Wales.
- Tommy MillsTommy Mills.
Born 28th Dec 1911, Wales.
- Willie EvansWilliam Evans.
Born 7th Nov 1912, Ebbw Vale.
- Assist: Ray Bowden. "Bowden put up a nice pass to Tilson, whose shot gave John no chance." Fred Tilson3rd of 6 goals. , 10'
- "Britton put in a long kick towards goal, John dropped the ball, and Brook was up to kick it into the net." Eric Brook5th of 10 goals. , 30'
- Assist: Ray Bowden. "Bowden passed up to Matthews, who found an opening very cleverly and his shot completely beat John." Stanley Matthews1st of 11 goals. , >45'
- Assist: Ray Westwood. "... five minutes from the end a pass by Westwood produced an opening for Tilson to get his second goal." Fred Tilson4th of 6 goals. , 85'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 20th of 25 caps
28 years, 4 months, 2 days
- Tom CooperDerby, 15th of 15 caps
30 years, 8 months, 28 days (c)4th captaincy
- Jack BarkerDerby, 1st of 11 caps
27 years, 7 months, 2 days
- Jackie BrayMan City, 1st of 6 caps
25 years, 5 months, 7 days
- Ray BowdenArsenal, 1st of 6 caps
25 years, 0 months, 16 days
- Fred TilsonMan City, 3rd of 4 caps
30 years, 5 months, 10 days
- Ray WestwoodBolton, 1st of 6 caps
22 years, 5 months, 15 days
- Eric BrookMan City, 9th of 18 caps
26 years, 10 months, 2 days
- Player InjurySome time during the second half (after England's third goal), Evans collided with Hibbs and had to be strechered off and "remained semi-consious for the next half an hour." Wales played on with ten men.
- Evans: Missed PenatlySome time in the first half after England's second goal Wales were awarded a penalty which Evans hit wide.
- Player MilestoneTom Cooper's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneCliff Britton's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Barker's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJackie Bray's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneStanley Matthews' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneRay Bowden's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneRay Westwood's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneStanley Matthews' 1st Goal
- The Times "England outplay Wales", Monday 1st October 1934, Page 6
- Ireland Samuel Thompson
- No change in rank, gaining 29 ranking points to 2007 points England - 3rd
- Wales - 13th