Match No. 177 - Saturday, 16th May 1931
- Jean Capelle, 36'
- Arnold BadjouArnold Badjou.
- Théodore NouwensThéodore Nouwens.
- Constant JoacimConstant Joacim.
- Charles SimonsCharles Simons.
- Auguste HellemansAugust Hellemans.
Born 21st Jun 1907.
- Jacques MoeschalJacques Moeschal.
- Louis VersypLouis Versyp.
- Bernard VoorhoofBernard Voorhoof.
- Jean CapelleJean Capelle.
- Joseph van BeeckJoseph van Beeck.
- Stan Vanden EyndeStan Vanden Eynde.
- "Just before half-time Moeschal, a Belgian half-back, handled the ball in the penalty area and Houghton scored." Eric Houghton2nd of 5 goals. , 42' (pen)
- Assist: Sammy Crooks. "Clever play by Crooks on the right kept England on the attack. He got clear away and after a fast run passed in to Burgess, who scored England's second goal." Harry Burgess3rd of 4 goals. , 65'
- "Burgess scored the next goal after a tricky dribbling run." Harry Burgess4th of 4 goals. , 76'
- "England kept up the attack and Roberts scored the fourth goal from close range." Harry RobertsOnly Goal. , 80'
- Hugh TurnerHuddersfield, 2nd of 2 caps
26 years, 9 months, 10 days
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 16th of 25 caps
28 years, 4 months, 16 days
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 8th of 20 caps
31 years, 1 month, 14 days (c)2nd captaincy
- Sam CowanMan City, 3rd of 3 caps
30 years, 0 months, 6 days
- Joe TateAston Villa, 2nd of 3 caps
26 years, 9 months, 12 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 8th of 26 caps
23 years, 4 months, 0 days
- Pongo WaringAston Villa, 2nd of 5 caps
24 years, 7 months, 4 days
- Harry BurgessSheffield Wed, 4th of 4 caps
26 years, 8 months, 27 days
- Eric HoughtonAston Villa, 4th of 7 caps
20 years, 10 months, 17 days
- Penalty: Eric Houghton1st scored from 1 taken (100.0%). England's 15th overall. "Just before half-time Moeschal, a Belgian half-back, handled the ball in the penalty area and Houghton scored."
- Player MilestoneHugh Turner's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneSam Cowan's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Roberts' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Burgess' Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneHarry Roberts' 1st Goal
- The Times "English victory at Brussels", Monday 18th May 1931, page 6.
- Royal Belgian Football Association
- England (1872- 1940) - Eire (1924 - 1940) - England/Amateurs (1906 - 1940) by International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS 1999)
- Germany Dr Peco Bauwens
- No change in rank, gaining 7 ranking points to 1950 points England - 5th
- Belgium - 32nd