Match No. 173 - Monday, 20th October 1930
- Thanks mainly to their backs and Scott,
Ireland prevented any scoring for a quarter of an hour but then long passes by Hodgson and Houghton ended in Burgess heading the ball into the net." Harry Burgess1st of 4 goals. , 15'
- "...presently England asserted an overwhelming superiority.
By clever passing they outwitted their opponents, and Leach started some passing which produced a goal scored by Hampson." Jimmy Hampson1st of 5 goals. , 25'
- "More combined play in which Campbell and Hampson were conspicuous enabled Crooks to score." Sammy Crooks1st of 7 goals. , 30'
- Assist: Alf Strange. "...and then a beautiful pass by Strange gave Burgess an opportunity which the inside-left used very promptly." Harry Burgess2nd of 4 goals. , 35'
- Assist: Gordon Hodgson. "A pass by Hodgson enabled Houghton to get away, and the outside-left, closing in, completely beat Scott." Eric Houghton1st of 5 goals. , 40'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 5th of 25 caps
24 years, 4 months, 24 days
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 13th of 25 caps
27 years, 9 months, 20 days (c)4th captaincy
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 4th of 20 caps
30 years, 6 months, 18 days
- Tony LeachSheffield Wed, 1st of 2 caps
27 years, 0 months, 27 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 4th of 26 caps
22 years, 9 months, 4 days
- Jimmy HampsonBlackpool, 1st of 3 caps
24 years, 6 months, 28 days
- Harry BurgessSheffield Wed, 1st of 4 caps
26 years, 2 months, 0 days
- Eric HoughtonAston Villa, 1st of 7 caps
20 years, 3 months, 21 day
- Jimmy Dunne, 80'
- Elisha ScottElisha Scott.
Born 24th Aug 1893, Belfast.
- Andy McCluggageAndrew McCluggage.
Born 1st Sep 1900, Larne.
- Bertie FultonRobert Patrick Fulton.
Born 6th Nov 1906, Larne.
- Jack JonesJohn Jones.
Born 3rd Apr 1907, Lurgan.
- Willie ReidWilliam Reid.
Date of birth unknown, Belfast.
- Billy McCleeryWilliam McCleery.
Born 25th Jan 1902, Belfast.
- Harry DugganHenry Anthony Duggan.
Born 8th Jun 1903, Dublin.
- Bobby IrvineRobert William Irvine.
Born 29th Apr 1900, Lisburn.
- Jimmy DunneJames Dunne.
Born 3rd Sep 1905, Dublin.
- Billy GillespieWilliam Ballintrae Gillespie.
Born 6th Aug 1891, Kerrykeel.
- Harold McCawJohn Harold McCaw.
Born 17th Mar 1906.
- Missed Penalty: Alf Strange1st miss from 1st taken (0.0%). England's 14th overall. Scott saved an Alf Strange penalty during the 2nd half. "They [England] ought to have increased their lead when a penalty was awarded but Strange kicked within the reach of Scott who saved smartly."
- Player MilestoneTony Leach's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneGordon Hodgson's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Hampson's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Burgess' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneEric Houghton's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneHarry Burgess' 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneJimmy Hampson's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneSammy Crooks' 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneEric Houghton's 1st Goal
- Scotland John Thomson
- No change in rank, gaining 8 ranking points to 1976 points England - 4th
- Ireland - 20th