Match No. 172 - Wednesday, 14th May 1930, 5:51pm
- Rodolphe HidenRodolphe Hiden.
Born 9th Mar 1909, Graz.
- Karl RainerKarl Rainer.
Born 5th Feb 1904, Vienna.
- Johann TandlerJohann Tandler.
Born 30th Nov 1990.
- Hans KlimaJohann Klima.
Born 2nd Nov 1900.
- Leopold HofmannLeopold Hofmann.
Born 31st Oct 1905, Vienna.
- Johann LuefJohann Luef.
Born 21st Dec 1905.
- Ignaz SiglIgnaz Sigl.
Born 11th Feb 1902.
- Walter NauschWalter Nausch.
Born 5th Feb 1907, Vienna.
- Fritz GschweidlFriedrich Gschweidl.
Born 13th Dec 1901, Vienna.
- Johann HorvathJohann Horvath.
Born 20th May 1903.
- Ferdinand WeselyFerdinand Wesely.
Born 30th May 1897.
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 4th of 25 caps
23 years, 11 month, 18 days
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 12th of 25 caps
27 years, 4 months, 14 days
- Ernie BlenkinsopSheffield Wed, 13th of 26 caps
28 years, 0 months, 24 days
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 3rd of 20 caps
30 years, 1 month, 12 days
- Sam CowanMan City, 2nd of 3 caps
29 years, 0 months, 4 days
- Maurice WebsterMiddlesbrough, 3rd of 3 caps
30 years, 6 months, 1 day
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 3rd of 26 caps
22 years, 3 months, 29 days
- David JackArsenal, 7th of 9 caps
32 years, 1 month, 11 day
Inside Right (c)3rd captaincy
- Vic WatsonWest Ham, 5th of 5 caps
32 years, 6 months, 4 days
- Joe BradfordBirmingham, 11th of 12 caps
29 years, 3 months, 23 days
- Ellis RimmerSheffield Wed, 3rd of 4 caps
23 years, 4 months, 12 days
- Watson InjuryAccording to the Daily Herald, Watson left the field with an injury ten minutes before the end but returned after "some" minutes. Other reports remark he injured his nose whilst colliding with a goalpost. He visited hospital after the game but soon returned to his hotel. Other reports Leuf also missed ten minutes of the second half due to injury.
- Match InfoThe final stages of the match had to be played with the aid of electric light.
- Kick off TimeSheffield Independent: "The kick off was arranged to start at 5:45pm so as to permit office and factory workers to attend. The actual start was six minutes later as President Miklas arrived late".
- Player MilestoneMaurice Webster's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneVic Watson's Last Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- The Scotsman "England v Austria. Another Drawn Game", Thursday 15th May 1930, page 15.
- Daily Herald "Austria Hold Team to a Goalless Draw", Thursday 15th May 1930, page 15
- Sheffield and Rotherham Independent "Rimmer Brilliant. Electric light used in Vienna match", Thursday 15th May 1930, page 10.
- The Guardian "England unable to beat Austria", Thursday 15th May 1930, page 5.
- Netherlands Johannes Mutters
- Down 1 place, gaining 3 ranking points to 1968 points England - 4th - 1
- Austria - 6th