Match No. 168 - Saturday, 19th October 1929
- Elisha ScottElisha Scott.
Born 24th Aug 1893, Belfast.
- Sam RussellSamuel R. Russell.
Born 2nd Jan 1900, Downpatrick.
- Bob HamiltonRobert Templeton Hamilton.
Born 11th Nov 1903, Newry.
- Joe MillerJoseph Miller.
Born 27th Apr 1899, Coleraine.
- Jimmy ElwoodJames H. Elwood.
Born 12th Jun 1901, Belfast.
- Billy McCleeryWilliam McCleery.
Born 25th Jan 1902, Belfast.
- Harry DugganHenry Anthony Duggan.
Born 8th Jun 1903, Dublin.
- Dick RowleyRichard William Morris Rowley.
Born 13th Jan 1904, Enniskillen.
- Joe BambrickJoseph Gardiner Absolom Bambrick.
Born 3rd Nov 1905, Belfast.
- Lawrie CummingLawrence Stanley Slater Cumming.
Born 10th Apr 1905, Londonderry.
- Peter KavanaghPeter Joseph Kavanagh.
Born 11th Sep 1909, Dublin.
- Assist: George Camsell. "England took the lead through a penalty kick. Camsell was brought down unfairly and Hine, who took the kick, scored." Ernie Hine7th of 7 goals. , 37' (pen)
- "...after Scott had saved a shot from Bradford, Camsell scored an easy goal, running with the ball into the net." George Camsell8th of 18 goals. , 42'
- "Ten minutes from time Camsell scored the third goal, beating Russell and drawing Scott from his position before placing the ball into a corner of the net." George Camsell2nd of 18 goals. , 80'
- Jack BrownSheffield Wed, 6th of 6 caps
30 years, 7 months, 0 days
- Ernie BlenkinsopSheffield Wed, 9th of 26 caps
27 years, 5 months, 29 days
- Willis EdwardsLeeds, 15th of 16 caps
26 years, 5 months, 21 day
Right Half (c)4th captaincy
- Ernie HartLeeds, 2nd of 8 caps
27 years, 9 months, 16 days
- Hughie AdcockLeicester, 4th of 5 caps
26 years, 6 months, 9 days
- Ernie HineLeicester, 3rd of 6 caps
28 years, 6 months, 10 days
- George CamsellMiddlesbrough, 3rd of 9 caps
26 years, 10 months, 22 days
- Joe BradfordBirmingham, 8th of 12 caps
28 years, 8 months, 28 days
- Eric BrookMan City, 1st of 18 caps
21 years, 10 months, 22 days
- Penalty: Ernie Hine1st scored from 1 taken (100.0%). England's 13th overall. "England took the lead through a penalty kick. Camsell was brought down unfairly and Hine, who took the kick, scored."
- Player MilestoneJack Brown's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneWarney Cresswell's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneAlbert Barrett's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneEric Brook's 1st Cap
- The Times "England beat Ireland - A fast attack", Monday 21st October 1929, page 6.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland Thomas Small
- Up 2 places, gaining 26 ranking points to 1916 points England - 8th - 2
- Ireland - 22nd