Match No. 166 - Saturday, 11th May 1929
- Jacques Moeschal, 88'
- Théodore NouwensThéodore Nouwens.
- Nicolas HoydonckxNicolas Hoydonckx.
- Henri van AverbekeHenri van Averbeke.
- Florimond VanhalmeFlorimond Vanhalme.
Born 21st Mar 1895, Sint-Andries, Bruges, Belgium.
- Gustave BoesmanGustave Boesman.
Born 19th Jan 1899.
- Pierre BrainePierre E. E. Braine.
- Michel VanderbauwhedeMichel Vanderbauwhede.
- Raymond BraineRaymond Ernest Michel Braine.
- Jacques MoeschalJacques Moeschal.
Born 6th Sep 1900, Uccle, Belgium.
- Jan DiddensJan Diddens.
- Assist: Hughie Adcock. "...Adcock put across a good centre and Camsell, firing in a hot drive, beat Debie [sic], who dived and got to the ball, but failed to stop it entering the net. This was in the 30th minute." George Camsell3rd of 18 goals. , 30'
- "Four minutes later - Camsell scored England's second goal..." George Camsell4th of 18 goals. , 34'
- "...and within another three minutes he added the third, which came from a penalty, hit the inside of the post and rebounded into the net at a terrific pace." George Camsell5th of 18 goals. , 37' (pen)
- Assist: Joe Carter. "...Camsell, taking a beautiful pass from Carter, scored his fourth goal." George Camsell6th of 18 goals. , 60'
- Assist: George Camsell. "Later Camsell passed to Carter, who gave Debie [sic] little chance with a fast shot." Joe Carter2nd of 4 goals. , 64'
- Ted HuftonWest Ham, 5th of 6 caps
36 years, 5 months, 16 days
- Tom CooperDerby, 6th of 15 caps
25 years, 4 months, 10 days
- Ernie BlenkinsopSheffield Wed, 7th of 26 caps
27 years, 0 months, 21 day
- Jack HillNewcastle Utd, 10th of 11 caps
32 years, 2 months, 9 days
Centre Half (c)7th captaincy
- Joe PeacockMiddlesbrough, 2nd of 3 caps
32 years, 1 month, 27 days
- Hughie AdcockLeicester, 2nd of 5 caps
26 years, 1 month, 1 day
- Edgar KailDulwich, 2nd of 3 caps
28 years, 5 months, 15 days
- George CamsellMiddlesbrough, 2nd of 9 caps
26 years, 5 months, 14 days
- Joe CarterWBA, 2nd of 3 caps
29 years, 9 months, 15 days
- Len BarryLeicester, 4th of 5 caps
27 years, 6 months, 15 days
- Belgian ScorerThe Times states "...in the last two minutes they were rewarded with a goal from Raymond Braine, their inside-left, who finished a dribble with a shot which beat Hufton, who came out of his goal in an effort to take the ball off Braine's toes." The position was correct but the scorer not: It was Jacques Moeschal.
- Penalty: George Camsell1st scored from 1 taken (100.0%). England's 11th overall. "[Camsell] added a third, which came from a penalty, hit the inside of the post and rebounded into the net at terrific pace."
- Hat-Trick: George Camsell1st hat-trick (27th overall). England's fastest hat-trick at the time. 7 minutes between first and third goals. A fourth in the second half for good measure.
- Player MilestoneLeonard Oliver's Only Cap
- Goal MilestoneJoe Carter, 64' - 500th goal scored by England
- The Times "England beat Belgium", Monday 13th May 1929, page 7.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Royal Belgian Football Association
- England (1872- 1940) - Eire (1924 - 1940) - England/Amateurs (1906 - 1940) by International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS 1999)
- Italy Achille Gama Malcher
- No change in rank, gaining 13 ranking points to 1864 points England - 10th
- Belgium - 25th