Match No. 140 - Saturday, 12th April 1924
- Ted TaylorHuddersfield, 6th of 8 caps
37 years, 1 month, 5 days
- Tommy SmartAston Villa, 3rd of 5 caps
27 years, 6 months, 22 days
- Sam WadsworthHuddersfield, 5th of 9 caps
27 years, 6 months, 29 days
- Frank MossAston Villa, 5th of 5 caps
28 years, 11 month, 25 days
Right Half (c)1st captaincy
- Charlie SpencerNewcastle Utd, 1st of 2 caps
24 years, 4 months, 8 days
- Percy BartonBirmingham, 6th of 7 caps
31 years, 2 months, 23 days
- Billy ButlerBolton, Only Cap
24 years, 0 months, 16 days
- David JackBolton, 2nd of 9 caps
26 years, 0 months, 9 days
- Charlie BuchanSunderland, 6th of 6 caps
32 years, 6 months, 20 days
- Billy WalkerAston Villa, 7th of 18 caps
26 years, 5 months, 14 days
- Fred TunstallSheffield Utd, 4th of 7 caps
26 years, 10 months, 15 days
- Ted Taylor, 40' (og)
- Bill HarperWilliam Harper.
Born 19th Jan 1897, Carnwath.
- John SmithJohn Smith.
- Philip McCloyPhilip McCloy.
Born Apr 1896, Uddingston.
- William ClunasWilliam McLean Clunas.
Born 29th Apr 1899.
- David MorrisDavid Main Liston Morris.
Born 1897, Leith.
- Jimmy McMullanJames McMullan.
Born 26th Mar 1895, Denny.
- Sandy ArchibaldAlexander Archibald.
Born 23rd Nov 1896, Crossgates.
- Billy CowanWilliam Duncan Cowan.
Born 9th Aug 1896, Edinburgh.
- Neil HarrisNeil Harris.
Born 30th Oct 1894, Glasgow.
- Andy CunninghamAndrew Cunningham.
Born 31st Jan 1891, Galston.
- Alan MortonAlan Lauder Morton.
Born 24th Apr 1893, Glasgow.
- Match InfoFirst ever match at Wembley.
- Scotland GoalWilliam Cowan's shot hit the post, rebounded against Ted Taylor and went in.
- Player MilestoneFrank Moss' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneCharlie Spencer's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Butler's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCharlie Buchan's Last Cap
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- The Times "Drawn match at Wembley", Monday 14th April 1924, Page 5
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Scotland Thomas R Dougray
- Down 1 place, losing -4 ranking points to 1875 points England - 8th - 1
- Scotland - 4th