Match No. 1020 - Wednesday, 7th July 2021, 8:00pm
- Assist: Bukayo Saka. "Sterling ought to have equalised from a Kane cross on 38 minutes only to blast straight at Schmeichel and then England did when Kane, once again dropping in a passing lane, released Saka. Sterling surely would have converted if Kjær did not." Simon Kjær, 39' (og)38:17
- Assist: Raheem Sterling. "So there was Harry Kane, standing over the kick and, as everybody knows, he hardly ever misses. The England captain has a reputation for ice-cool efficiency for good reason. And yet he did miss this one, his side-footed shot read too easily by Kasper Schmeichel, who got his hand down to it. But the Denmark goalkeeper, who had earlier made saves to deny Sterling and Harry Maguire, did not get the ball away. He merely got it out and, eyes lighting up in relief, Kane gobbled up the rebound, lashing into the empty net." Harry Kane38th of 48 goals. Right-footed from 6 yards., 104' 103:43
- Kyle WalkerMan City, 60th of 65 caps
31 years, 1 months, 10 days
- Luke ShawMan Utd, 15th of 19 caps
25 years, 11 months, 26 days
- Declan RiceWest Ham, 23rd of 27 caps
22 years, 5 months, 24 days
- John StonesMan City, 48th of 55 caps
27 years, 1 months, 10 days
- Harry MaguireMan Utd, 36th of 41 caps
28 years, 4 months, 2 days 48:37 Maguire is booked for jumping into Kjær in the Danish penalty area.
- Mason MountChelsea, 20th of 26 caps
22 years, 5 months, 28 days
- Harry KaneSpurs, 60th of 67 caps
27 years, 11 months, 10 days (c)38th captaincy
- Bukayo SakaArsenal, 8th of 14 caps
19 years, 10 months, 2 days
- Jack GrealishAston Villa, 11th of 18 caps
25 years, 9 months, 27 days
- '6968:36 '107106:00
- Phil FodenMan City, 9th of 13 caps
21 years, 1 months, 10 days
- Jordan HendersonLiverpool, 63rd of 68 caps
31 years, 0 months, 20 days
- Kieran TrippierAtlético Madrid, 32nd of 35 caps
30 years, 9 months, 18 days
- "...England were in trouble when Damsgaard summoned whip and power on his free-kick. The ball fizzed past the flailing Pickford." Mikkel Damsgaard, 30'29:24
- Kasper SchmeichelKasper Peter Schmeichel.
Born 5th Nov 1986, Copenhagen.
Son of Peter Schmeichel
- Joakim MaehleJoakim Mæhle Pedersen.
Born 20th May 1997, Østervrå.
- Jens Stryger LarsenJens Stryger Larsen.
Born 21st Feb 1991, Sakskøbing, Denmark.
- Jannik VestergaardJannik Vestergaard.
Born 3rd Aug 1992, Hvidovre.
- Simon KjærSimon Thorup Kjær.
Born 26th Mar 1989, Horsens.
- Andreas ChristensenAndreas Bødtker Christensen.
Born 10th Apr 1996, Lillerød.
- Thomas DelaneyThomas Joseph Delaney.
Born 3rd Sep 1991, Frederiksberg.
- Pierre-Emile HøjbjergPierre-Emile Kordt Højbjerg.
Born 5th Aug 1995, Copenhagen.
- Mikkel DamsgaardMikkel Krogh Damsgaard.
Born 3rd Jul 2000, Jyllinge, Denmark.
- Kasper DolbergKasper Dolberg Rasmussen.
Born 6th Oct 1997, Silkeborg.
- Martin BraithwaiteMartin Christensen Braithwaite.
Born 5th Jun 1991, Esbjerg.
- Daniel WassDaniel Wass.
Born 31st May 1989, Gladsaxe.
71:31 Pushing Grealish in the back
- Yussuf PoulsenYussuf Yurary Poulsen.
Born 15th Jun 1994, Copenhagen.
- Christian NørgaardChristian Thers Nørgaard.
Born 10th Mar 1994, Copenhagen.
- Joachim AndersenJoachim Christian Andersen.
Born 31st May 1996, Solrød Strand, Denmark.
- Mathias JensenMathias Jensen.
Born 1st Jan 1996, Jerslev.
- Jonas WindJonas Older Wind.
Born 7th Feb 1999, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Semifinal SuccessEngland win only their second major tournament semifinal and first for 55 years.
- Player InjuryMathias Jensen is caught on the foot by Kyle Walker at 105+2:59 in the first half of extra-time, moments before the half ends. He is unable to continue the game after the extra-time interval and as Denmark had made all their permitted subsitutions, they have to play on with 10 men.
- Covid-19Reduced crowd due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Missed Penalty: Harry Kane3rd miss from 13th taken (76.9%). England's 132nd overall. 104th minute. "So there was Harry Kane, standing over the kick and, as everybody knows, he hardly ever misses. The England captain has a reputation for ice-cool efficiency for good reason. And yet he did miss this one, his side-footed shot read too easily by Kasper Schmeichel, who got his hand down to it. But the Denmark goalkeeper, who had earlier made saves to deny Sterling and Harry Maguire, did not get the ball away. He merely got it out and, eyes lighting up in relief, Kane gobbled up the rebound, lashing into the empty net."
- englandstats.com Digital Archive
- BBC Football
- The Guardian "England beat Denmark in extra time to set up Euro 2020 final with Italy"
- Netherlands Danny Makkelie
- Up 1 place, gaining 15 ranking points to 2040 points England - 5th - 1
- Denmark - 9th