Match No. 97 - Wednesday, 10th June 1908
- László DomonkosLászló Domonkos.
Born 10th Oct 1887, Budapest.
- Gyula RumboldGyula Rumbold.
Born 6th Feb 1887, Budapest.
- Ferenc CsüdörFerenc Csüdör.
Born 1886, Budapest.
- Péter FiczerePéter Ficzere.
- Sándor BródySándor Bródy.
Born 15th Aug 1884.
- Ferenc SimonFerenc Simon.
- Zoltán RónayZoltán Rónay.
- Ferenc WeiszFerenc Weisz.
Born 23rd Feb 1885, Solt.
- Károly KoródyKároly Koródy.
Born 21st Oct 1887.
- Imre SchlosserImre Schlosser-Lakatos.
Born 11th Oct 1889, Budapest.
- Gáspár BorbásGáspár Borbás.
Born 26th Jul 1884, Budapest.
- "...Woodward pouncing on the ball from a kick-off, and going through with a solo run he placed the ball well in the net beyond the goal-keeper's reach." Vivian Woodward16th of 29 goals. , 13'
- "Twenty-eight minutes had elapsed when Hawkes and Bridgett got under way, and from the latter's centre Hilsdon added No. 2..." George Hilsdon7th of 14 goals. , 28'
- "...Windridge supplementing this with a third three minutes later, with a powerful shot." Jimmy Windridge6th of 7 goals. , 30'
- Jock Rutherford2nd of 3 goals. , 38'
- George Hilsdon8th of 14 goals. , 48'
- George Hilsdon9th of 14 goals. , 71'
- George Hilsdon10th of 14 goals. , 88'
- Horace BaileyLeicester Fosse, 4th of 5 caps
26 years, 11 month, 7 days
- Bob CromptonBlackburn, 20th of 41 caps
28 years, 8 months, 14 days
- Watty CorbettBirmingham, 2nd of 3 caps
27 years, 5 months, 15 days
- Ben WarrenDerby, 12th of 22 caps
29 years, 1 month, 3 days
- Billy WedlockBristol City, 9th of 26 caps
27 years, 7 months, 13 days
- Bob HawkesLuton Town, 4th of 5 caps
27 years, 7 months, 23 days
- Jock RutherfordNewcastle Utd, 10th of 11 caps
23 years, 7 months, 29 days
- Vivian WoodwardSpurs, 15th of 23 caps
29 years, 0 months, 7 days
Inside Right (c)6th captaincy
- George HilsdonChelsea, 6th of 8 caps
22 years, 10 months, 0 days
- Jimmy WindridgeChelsea, 6th of 8 caps
25 years, 7 months, 20 days
- Arthur BridgettSunderland, 5th of 11 caps
26 years, 5 months, 9 days
- Disallowed GoalAfter the fifth goal Sporting Life states "Rutherford...came through at racing pace, and letting drive twenty yards away the ball went between the posts with lightning rapidity, struck the stay at the back which supported the net, and rebounded into the field of play. The referee was some distance away, and being unable to decide what had occured, disallowed the goal."
- Hat-Trick: George Hilsdon1st hat-trick (20th overall). 40 minutes between first and third goals. First consecutive game to have an England hat-trick.
- Goal MilestoneGeorge Hilsdon's 10th Goal
- Sporting Life "Hungarian's Well Beaten", Tuesday 16th June 1908, page 1.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Austria Hugo Meisl
- No change in rank, gaining 19 ranking points to 2083 points England - 1st
- Hungary - 3rd