Match No. 563 - Wednesday, 2nd June 1982
- Arnór Guðjohnsen, 23'
- Guðmundur BaldurssonGuðmundur Baldursson.
Born 7th Nov 1959, Iceland.
- Örn ÓskarssonÖrn Óskarsson.
Born 18th Feb 1953, Iceland.
- Sævar JónssonSævar Jónsson.
Born 22nd Jul 1958, Iceland.
- Marteinn GeirssonMarteinn Geirsson.
Born 11th Feb 1951, Iceland.
- Trausti HaraldssonTrausti Haraldsson.
Born 24th Jan 1957, Iceland.
- Karl ThórdarsonKarl Thórdarson.
Born 31st May 1955, Iceland.
- Janus GuðlaugssonJanus Guðlaugsson.
Born 7th Oct 1955, Iceland.
- Atli EðvaldssonAtli Eðvaldsson.
Born 3rd Mar 1957, Reykjavik.
- Arnór GuðjohnsenArnór Guðjohnsen.
Born 30th Jul 1961, Reykjavik.
- Lárus GuðmundssonLárus Guðmundsson.
Born 12th Dec 1961, Iceland.
- Teitur ThordarsonTeitur Thordarson.
Born 14th Jan 1952, Akranes.
- Pétur OrmslevPétur Úlfar Ormslev.
Born 28th Jul 1958, Iceland.
- Joe CorriganMan City, 9th of 9 caps
33 years, 6 months, 14 days
- Viv AndersonNotts Forest, 10th of 30 caps
25 years, 9 months, 4 days
- Phil NealLiverpool, 37th of 50 caps
31 years, 3 months, 10 days
Left Back (c)1st captaincy
- David WatsonStoke City, 65th of 65 caps
35 years, 7 months, 28 days
- Russell OsmanIpswich, 6th of 11 caps
23 years, 3 months, 16 days
- Terry McDermottLiverpool, 25th of 25 caps
30 years, 5 months, 25 days
- Glenn HoddleSpurs, 11th of 53 caps
24 years, 7 months, 6 days
- Alan DevonshireWest Ham, 4th of 8 caps
26 years, 1 month, 19 days
- Peter WitheAston Villa, 6th of 11 caps
30 years, 9 months, 3 days
- Cyrille RegisWBA, 3rd of 5 caps
24 years, 3 months, 21 day
- Tony MorleyAston Villa, 4th of 6 caps
27 years, 9 months, 7 days
- Paul GoddardWest Ham, Only Cap
22 years, 7 months, 21 day
- Steve PerrymanSpurs, Only Cap
30 years, 5 months, 12 days
- Match ClassificationPrior to the 1982 World Cup, Ron Greenwood still had a selection headache with lots of injuries and players returning late from their clubs. He had a squad of 32 players - ten of which needed to be trimmed - and decided to divide them in half with the probables going to Helsinki (for a game the next day), and the possibles going the Reykjavik for the B Team game, which was duly elevated to full intertnational status. "To preserve the illusion of equality between the squad" writes the Guardian, "Greenwood wants tonight's match in Iceland to be regarded as a full international with senior caps awarded to those who play." Greenwood went to Helsinki and this match was looked after by Bobby Robson.
- Player MilestoneJoe Corrigan's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneDavid Watson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneTerry McDermott's 25th & Last Cap
- Player MilestonePaul Goddard's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneSteve Perryman's Only Cap
- Goal MilestonePaul Goddard's 1st Goal
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Denmark Ib Nielsen
- No change in rank, losing -8 ranking points to 1959 points England - 5th
- Iceland - 68th