Match No. 409 - Saturday, 30th July 1966, 3:00pm
- Assist: Bobby Moore. "...Overath fouled Moore who from 40 yards floated the free kick perfectly and Hurst headed a good equaliser." Geoff Hurst3rd of 24 goals, 18'
- "Twelve minutes from normal time, Hottges fluffed a kick and Peters put England in front." Martin Peters2nd of 20 goals, 78'
- Assist: Alan Ball. "In the 102nd minute Hurst drove the ball against the underside of the crossbar whence it bounced down over the line. Or did it? The referee consulted T. Bakhramov, one of the linesman...and awarded the goal." Geoff Hurst4th of 24 goals, 102'
- Assist: Bobby Moore. "Just before the end Hurst called on the last reserves of his energy and scored a fourth goal." Geoff Hurst5th of 24 goals, 120'
- Gordon BanksLeicester, 33rd of 73 caps
28 years, 7 months, 0 days
- George CohenFulham, 30th of 37 caps
26 years, 9 months, 8 days
- Ray WilsonEverton, 51st of 63 caps
31 years, 7 months, 13 days
- Bobby MooreWest Ham, 47th of 108 caps
25 years, 3 months, 18 days (c)30th captaincy
- Nobby StilesMan Utd, 20th of 28 caps
24 years, 2 months, 12 days
- Martin PetersWest Ham, 8th of 67 caps
22 years, 8 months, 22 days 20' For holding back Overath after the German had stolen the ball from him.
- Alan BallBlackpool, 14th of 72 caps
21 years, 2 months, 18 days
- Geoff HurstWest Ham, 8th of 49 caps
24 years, 7 months, 22 days
- Roger HuntLiverpool, 19th of 34 caps
28 years, 0 months, 10 days
- "A weak header by Wilson probably his only serious lapse in the entire tournament, enabled Haller to put West Germany in front after  minutes. Helmut Haller, 12'
- "Only fifteen seconds remained when J. Charlton launched himself above Held and headed the ball way. The referee must have thought there had been some pushing and awarded a free kick against Charlton. Emmerich took it and the ball finally arrived at Weber who scored from close in." Wolfgang Weber, 90'
- Hans TilkowskiHans Tilkowski.
Born 12th Jul 1935, Dortmund.
- Horst-Dieter HöttgesHorst-Dieter Höttges.
Born 10th Sep 1943, Mönchengladbach.
- Karl-Heinz SchnellingerKarl-Heinz Schnellinger.
Born 31st Mar 1939, Düren.
- Willi SchulzWilli Schulz.
Born 4th Oct 1938, Wattenscheid.
- Wolfgang WeberWolfgang Weber.
Born 26th Jun 1944, Schlawe.
- Franz BeckenbauerFranz Anton Beckenbauer.
Born 11th Sep 1945, Munich.
- Helmut HallerHelmut Haller.
Born 21st Jul 1939, Augsburg.
- Wolfgang OverathWolfgang Overath.
Born 23rd Sep 1943, Siegburg.
- Uwe SeelerUwe Seeler.
Born 5th Nov 1936, Hamburg.
- Sigfried HeldSigfried Held.
Born 7th Aug 1942, Freudenthal.
- Lothar EmmerichLothar Emmerich.
Born 29th Nov 1941, Dorstfeld.
- World Cup WinnersEngland win the eighth World Cup. The fifth nation to do so and the third host nation.
- Hat-Trick: Geoff Hurst1st hat-trick (62nd overall). Hurst's hat-trick is the only such instance in a World Cup Final.
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England - The Quest for the World Cup - A Complete Record by Clive Leatherdale (Two Heads Publishing 1994)
- englandstats.com Digital Archive
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- The Guardian "Moore's majesty emblazons England triumph", Monday 1st August 1966, page 10.
- Switzerland Gottfried Dienst
- Up 2 places, gaining 35 ranking points to 2080 points England - 1st - 2
- West Germany - 2nd