Match No. 408 - Tuesday, 26th July 1966, 7:30pm
- Assist: Roger Hunt. "In the 31st minute...[Charlton] scored his first. Wilson stabbed the ball through to where Hunt fashioned a shot. Pereira...decided to deal with this one by sliding, feet first, at it. The ball came back to Bobby Charlton who shot from 18 yards." Bobby Charlton39th of 49 goals. Right-footed from 22 yards., 31' 30:26
- Assist: Geoff Hurst. "...Wembley exploded into raptures of delight after 79 minutes, to signal England's second goal. Hurst, again showing fine touches, had had a shot charged down. He retrieved the ball, and in a moment of quick thinking turned it back to where Bobby Charlton shot again from some 15 yards, smashing the ball past Pereira." Bobby Charlton40th of 49 goals. Right-footed from 17 yards., 79' 78:48
- Gordon BanksLeicester, 32nd of 73 caps
28 years, 6 months, 27 days
- George CohenFulham, 29th of 37 caps
26 years, 9 months, 4 days
- Ray WilsonEverton, 50th of 63 caps
31 years, 7 months, 9 days
- Bobby MooreWest Ham, 46th of 108 caps
25 years, 3 months, 14 days (c)29th captaincy
- Nobby StilesMan Utd, 19th of 28 caps
24 years, 2 months, 8 days
- Martin PetersWest Ham, 7th of 67 caps
22 years, 8 months, 18 days
- Alan BallBlackpool, 13th of 72 caps
21 years, 2 months, 14 days
- Geoff HurstWest Ham, 7th of 49 caps
24 years, 7 months, 18 days
- Roger HuntLiverpool, 18th of 34 caps
28 years, 0 months, 6 days
- "Jack Charlton in a desperate attempt to stop a header from Torres entering the net, pushed the ball out with his hand. And Eusebio scored his eighth goal of the tournament with the penalty." Eusébio, 82'82:13 (pen)
- José PereiraJosé Pereira.
Born 15th Sep 1931, Torres Vedras.
- Alberto FestaAlberto Augusto Antunes Festa.
Born 21st Jul 1939, Santo Tirso.
- Hilário da ConceiçãoHilário Rosário da Conceição.
Born 19th Mar 1939, Lourenço Marques, Mozambique.
- Alexandre BaptistaJosé Alexandre da Silva Baptista.
Born 17th Feb 1941, Barreiro.
- José CarlosJosé Carlos da Silva José.
Born 22nd Sep 1941, Vila Franca de Xira.
- Jaime GraçaJaime da Silva Graça.
Born 30th Jan 1942, Setúbal.
- Mário ColunaMário Esteves Coluna.
Born 6th Aug 1935, Inhaca, Mozambique.
- José AugustoJosé Augusto Pinto de Almeida.
Born 13th Apr 1937, Barreiro.
- EusébioEusébio da Silva Ferreira.
Born 25th Jan 1942, Lourenço Marques, Mozambique.
- José TorresJosé Augusto Costa Sénica Torres.
Born 8th Sep 1938, Torres Novas.
- António SimõesAntónio Simões da Costa.
Born 14th Dec 1943, Corroios.
- Portugal Penalty"Jack Charlton in a desperate attempt to stop a header from Torres entering the net, pushed the ball out with his hand. And Eusebio scored his eighth goal of the tournament with the penalty."
- Player MilestoneRay Wilson's 50th Cap
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England - The Quest for the World Cup - A Complete Record by Clive Leatherdale (Two Heads Publishing 1994)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- The Guardian "Bobby Charlton's goals put England in final", Tuesday, 27th July 1966, page 5.
- englandstats.com Digital Archive
- France Pierre Schwinte
- No change in rank, gaining 20 ranking points to 2045 points England - 3rd
- Portugal - 4th