Match No. 373 - Wednesday, 23rd October 1963
- Gordon BanksLeicester, 6th of 73 caps
25 years, 9 months, 24 days
- Jimmy ArmfieldBlackpool, 39th of 43 caps
28 years, 1 month, 2 days (c)11th captaincy
- Ray WilsonHuddersfield, 23rd of 63 caps
28 years, 10 months, 6 days
- Gordon MilneLiverpool, 5th of 14 caps
26 years, 6 months, 25 days
- Bobby MooreWest Ham, 16th of 108 caps
22 years, 6 months, 11 day
- Terry PaineSouthampton, 4th of 19 caps
24 years, 7 months, 0 days
- Bobby SmithSpurs, 14th of 15 caps
30 years, 8 months, 1 day
- Denis Law, 82'
- Lev YashinLev Ivanovich Yashin.
Born 22nd Oct 1929, Moscow.
- Djalma SantosDjalma Pereira Dias dos Santos.
Born 27th Feb 1929, São Paulo.
- Karl-Heinz SchnellingerKarl-Heinz Schnellinger.
Born 31st Mar 1939, Düren.
- Svatopluk PluskalSvatopluk Pluskal.
Born 28th Oct 1930, Zlin.
- Ján PopluhárJán Popluhár.
Born 12th Sep 1935, Ceklis.
- Josef MasopustJosef Masopust.
Born 9th Feb 1931, Strimice.
- Raymond KopaRaymond Kopaszewski.
Born 13th Oct 1931, Nux-les-Mines.
- Alfredo Di StéfanoAlfredo Stéfano Di Stéfano Laulhé.
Born 4th Jul 1926, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- EusébioEusébio da Silva Ferreira.
Born 25th Jan 1942, Lourenço Marques, Mozambique.
- Paco GentoFrancisco Gento López.
Born 21st Oct 1933, Guarnizo.
- Milutin ŠoškićMilutin Šoškić.
Born 31st Dec 1937, Pec.
- Luis EyzaguirreLuis Armando Eyzaguirre Silva.
Born 22nd Jun 1939, Santiago.
- Jim Baxter
- Ferenc PuskásFerenc Puskás.
Born 1st Apr 1927, Budapest.
- Uwe SeelerUwe Seeler.
Born 5th Nov 1936, Hamburg.
- Match InfoMatch in celebration of the 100th Anniversary of the FA.
- SubstitutesThe substitues for the Rest of the World team were pre-planned hence the same shirt numbers with those that they replaced. However, an injury to Kopa saw him being replaced by Seeler instead of the intended Di Stefano. Therefore there were two 9s on the field for the second half.
- Goal MilestoneTerry Paine's 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- British Pathe Newsreel
- England Alf Ramsey
- Rest of the World Select Fernando Riera
- Scotland Robert Holley Davidson
- No change in rank, with no loss of ranking points to 1943 points England - 4th
- Rest of the World Select - 0th