Match No. 333 - Sunday, 24th May 1959
- Raúl Cárdenas, 26'
- Salvador Reyes, 47'
- Carlos González
- Sabás Ponce
- Antonio Jasso
- Héctor Hernández
- Match InfoThe sources refer to an earthquake which occured five minutes into the second half, just after Mexico had got the winner. The earthquake (magnitude 6.6) centered in Oaxaca 300 miles south of Mexico City.
- SubstitutesEngland officially used substititues for the first time. Both, McGuinness and Holden were replaced because they were affected by both the heat and high altitute.
- Player MilestoneWilf McGuinness' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneDoug Holden's Last Cap
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Daily Herald "Not even an earthquake rouses England", Monday 25th May 1959, page 10.
- Daily Mirror "England flop in earthquake match", Monday 25th May 1959, page 21.
- Eunapio Gouveia Quiroz
- England - 6th
- Mexico - 21st