Match No. 308 - Wednesday, 14th November 1956
- Ted DitchburnSpurs, 4th of 6 caps
35 years, 0 months, 21 day
- Jeff HallBirmingham, 11th of 17 caps
27 years, 2 months, 7 days
- Roger ByrneMan Utd, 24th of 33 caps
27 years, 9 months, 6 days
- Ronnie ClaytonBlackburn, 8th of 35 caps
22 years, 3 months, 9 days
- Billy WrightWolves, 79th of 105 caps
32 years, 9 months, 8 days
Centre Half (c)64th captaincy
- Jimmy DickinsonPortsmouth, 46th of 48 caps
31 years, 6 months, 20 days
- Stanley MatthewsBlackpool, 49th of 54 caps
41 years, 9 months, 13 days
- Johnny BrooksSpurs, 1st of 3 caps
24 years, 10 months, 22 days
- Tom FinneyPreston NE, 61st of 76 caps
34 years, 7 months, 9 days
- Johnny HaynesFulham, 9th of 56 caps
22 years, 0 months, 28 days
- Colin GraingerSheffield Utd, 6th of 7 caps
23 years, 5 months, 4 days
- John Charles, 8'
- Jack KelseyAlfred John Kelsey.
Born 19th Nov 1929, Swansea.
- Alf SherwoodAlfred Thomas Sherwood.
Born 13th Nov 1923, Aberaman.
- Mel HopkinsMelvyn Hopkins.
Born 7th Nov 1934, Ystrad.
- Alan HarringtonAlan Charles Harrington.
Born 17th Nov 1933, Penarth.
- Ray DanielWilliam Raymond Daniel.
Born 2nd Nov 1928, Swansea.
- Derrick SullivanDerrick Sullivan.
Born 10th Aug 1930, Newport.
- Terry MedwinTerence Cameron Medwin.
Born 25th Sep 1932, Swansea.
- Mel CharlesMelvyn Charles.
Born 11th May 1935, Swansea.
Borther of John Charles.
- John CharlesWilliam John Charles.
Born 27th Dec 1931, Swansea.
Brother of Mel Charles.
- Ivor AllchurchIvor John Allchurch.
Born 16th Oct 1929, Swansea.
Brother of Len Allchurch.
- Cliff JonesClifford William Jones.
Born 7th Feb 1935, Swansea.
- Player InjuryKelsey was injured diving at Finney's feet during the first half. Sherwood went in goal. Kelsey reappeared for the second half but went on the left wing just to make up the numbers. He didn't last long and hobbled off again soon afterwards. Wales continued with ten men.
- Player InjuryMel Charles was injured five minutes before the interval and Wales were down to nine men. He reappeared for the second half.
- Player InjuryGrainger had to leave the field after the second goal. The sides were now equal with ten men each.
- Player MilestoneJohnny Brooks' 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneJohnny Brooks' 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Scotland Hugh Phillips
- No change in rank, gaining 6 ranking points to 1986 points England - 4th
- Wales - 25th