Match No. 308 - Wednesday, 14th November 1956
England 3 - 1 Wales
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1956-57)
- John Charles, 8'
- Jack Kelsey
- Player InjuryKelsey was injured diving at Finney's feet during the first half. Sherwood went in goal. Kelsey reappeared for the second half but went on the left wing just to make up the numbers. He didn't last long and hobbled off again soon afterwards. Wales continued with ten men.
- Player InjuryMel Charles was injured five minutes before the interval and Wales were down to nine men. He reappeared for the second half.
- Player InjuryGrainger had to leave the field after the second goal. The sides were now equal with ten men each.
- Player MilestoneJohnny Brooks' 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneJohnny Brooks' 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Hugh Phillips
Half Time Score
- England - 4th 0
- Wales - 30th