Match No. 268 - Wednesday, 28th November 1951
- Ernst Melchior, 47'
- Ernst Stojaspal, 88' (pen)
- Penalty: StojaspalEckersley blatantly handles the ball on the line and a penalty is given. It's not a great penalty and Merrick gets a hand to it but can't stop the ball going in.
- Penalty: Alf Ramsey1st scored from 1 taken (100.0%). England's 25th overall. "Ocwirk brought down Bailey in the area and Alf Ramsey stepped up to score from the penalty." Ramsey side-foots the ball into the bottom right. The keeper doesn't move.
- Player MilestoneArthur Milton's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneIvor Broadis' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneLeslie Medley's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneAlf Ramsey's 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- British Pathe Newsreel
- John Mowatt
- England - 4th
- Austria - 11th