Match No. 262 - Saturday, 14th April 1951
- Alf RamseySpurs, 12th of 32 caps
31 years, 2 months, 23 days
- Jack FroggattPortsmouth, 3rd of 13 caps
28 years, 4 months, 27 days
- Billy WrightWolves, 34th of 105 caps
27 years, 2 months, 8 days (c)19th captaincy
- Wilf MannionMiddlesbrough, 25th of 26 caps
32 years, 10 months, 29 days
- Tom FinneyPreston NE, 30th of 76 caps
29 years, 0 months, 9 days
- Robert Johnstone, 33'
- Lawrie Reilly, 47'
- Billy Liddell, 54'
- John CowanJohn Cowan.
Born 8th Jan 1949, Belfast.
- Player InjuryWilf Mannion fractured a cheekbone whilst going up for a ball against Liddell and was stretched off after 11 minutes. England played on with 10 men.
- Player InjuryStan Mortensen failed to appear after the interval because of a facial injury sustained in the first half. He was treated on the side-lines and returned after England had gone 2-1 down.
- Player MilestoneWilf Mannion's 25th Cap
- Player MilestoneHarold Hassall's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneHarold Hassall's 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Northern Ireland Thomas Mitchell
- Down 2 places, losing -28 ranking points to 1971 points England - 5th - 2
- Scotland - 4th