Match No. 262 - Saturday, 14th April 1951
- Robert Johnstone, 33'
- Lawrie Reilly, 47'
- Billy Liddell, 54'
- Player InjuryWilf Mannion fractured a cheekbone whilst going up for a ball against Liddell and was stretched off after 11 minutes. England played on with 10 men.
- Player InjuryStan Mortensen failed to appear after the interval because of a facial injury sustained in the first half. He was treated on the side-lines and returned after England had gone 2-1 down.
- Player MilestoneWilf Mannion's 25th Cap
- Player MilestoneHarold Hassall's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneHarold Hassall's 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Thomas Mitchell
- England - 4th
- Scotland - 5th