Match No. 225 - Thursday, 18th May 1939
- Svetislav Gliović, 16'
- Nikola Perlić, 63'
- Ljubomir LovrićLjubomir Lovrić.
Born 28th May 1920, Novi Sad.
- Zvonko PožegaZvonimir Požega.
Born 21st May 1913.
- Ernest DubacErnest Dubac.
Born 15th Feb 1914.
- Petar ManolaPetar Manola.
Born 28th Feb 1918, Jajce.
- Prvoslav DragićevićPrvoslav Dragićević.
Born 4th Mar 1914, Kragujevac.
- Gustav LechnerGustav Lechner.
Born 17th Feb 1913, Osijek.
- Svetislav GliovićSvetislav Gliović.
Born 17th Sep 1913, Belgrade.
- Đorđe VujadinovićĐorđe Vujadinović.
Born 29th Nov 1909, Smederevo.
- Aleksandar PetrovićAleksandar Petrović.
Born 8th Sep 1914, Kragujevac.
- Frane MatošićFrane Matošić.
Born 25th Nov 1918, Split.
- Nikola PerlićNikola Perlić.
Born 4th Feb 1912, Slavonski Brod.
- Assist: Len Goulden. "Broome, gathering a pass from Goulden, drove home a fine shot to equalize." Frank Broome3rd of 3 goals, 49'
- Vic WoodleyChelsea, 18th of 19 caps
29 years, 2 months, 20 days
- George MaleArsenal, 18th of 19 caps
29 years, 0 months, 10 days
- Eddie HapgoodArsenal, 30th of 30 caps
30 years, 7 months, 24 days (c)21st captaincy
- Ken WillinghamHuddersfield, 12th of 12 caps
26 years, 5 months, 17 days
- Stan CullisWolves, 11th of 12 caps
22 years, 6 months, 24 days
- Joe MercerEverton, 4th of 5 caps
24 years, 9 months, 9 days
- Willie HallSpurs, 10th of 10 caps
27 years, 2 months, 6 days
- Tommy LawtonEverton, 7th of 23 caps
19 years, 7 months, 12 days
- Len GouldenWest Ham, 13th of 14 caps
26 years, 10 months, 2 days
- Frank BroomeAston Villa, 6th of 7 caps
23 years, 11 month, 7 days
- Player InjuryEdris Hapgood was injured during the buld up to Yugoslavia's first goal and spent the rest of the match as an outside winger but was largely ineffective.
- Match InfoThomas Whittaker was nominated as head coach but did not select the team.
- Match InfoPart of England's European tour which included Italy and Romania as well as Yugoslavia.
- Player MilestoneEddie Hapgood's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneKen Willingham's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneWillie Hall's Last Cap
- The Times "England beaten in Belgrade", Friday 19th May 1939, Page 5
- England Committee
- Kingdom of Yugoslavia Bosko Simonovic
- France Georges Capdeville
- No change in rank, losing -17 ranking points to 1960 points England - 4th
- Kingdom of Yugoslavia - 33rd