Match No. 223 - Saturday, 15th April 1939
- James Dougall, 20'
- Match InfoThe attendance for this match failed by 138 to beat the world record set in the same fixture two years previously. However, it still can be ranked as the second largest crowd to watch an international match in Europe.
- WeatherConditions were so atrocious both teams wore new shirts for the second half, England borrowing theirs from Queen's Park.
- Player MilestonePat Beasley's Only Cap
- Goal MilestonePat Beasley's 1st Goal
- The Times "England's success at Glasgow", Monday 17th April 1939, Page 5
- William R Hamilton
- England - 4th - 3
- Scotland - 4th