Match No. 217 - Saturday, 21st May 1938
- Georges Aeby, 30'
- André Abegglen, 73' (pen)
- Match InfoPart of a continental tour to Germany, Switzerland & France.
- Match Info"The game was started in the novel way of the ball being dropped from an aeroplane. The pilot's aim was unerring and the ball fell accurately in the centre of the field."
- Penalty: Cliff Bastin1st scored from 1 taken (100.0%). England's 17th overall. "...one of the Swiss defenders was adjudged...to have illegally tackled Robinson...as he was going through. The kick was taken by Bastin who made no mistake."
- The Times "England beaten by Switzerland", Monday 23rd May 1938, Page 6
- Western Daily Press "England's soccer prestige goes down with a bump!" Monday 23rd May 1938, page 10.
- Dr Peco Bauwens
- England - 5th - 1
- Switzerland - 31st