Match No. 187 - Saturday, 20th May 1933
- Frank SéchehayeFrank Séchehaye.
Born 3rd Nov 1907, Geneva.
- Severino MinelliSeverino Minelli.
Born 6th Sep 1909, Küsnacht.
- Karl BielserKarl Bielser.
Born 1903, Switzerland.
- Gabriele GilardoniGabriele Gilardoni.
Born 29th Dec 1903, Lugano.
- Otto ImhofOtto Imhof.
Date of birth unknown, Switzerland.
- Ernst HufschmidErnst Hufschmid.
Born 4th Feb 1913, Basel.
- Willy von KänelWilly von Känel.
Born 30th Oct 1909, La Chaux-de-Fonds.
- André AbegglenAndré Abegglen.
Born 7th Mar 1909, Neuchatel.
Brother of Max Abegglen.
- Raymond PasselloRaymond Passello.
Born 12th Jan 1905, Geneva.
- Max AbegglenMax Abegglen.
Born 11th Apr 1902, Neuchâtel.
Brother of André Abegglen
- Alfred JäckAlfred Jäck.
Born 2nd Aug 1911, Allschwil.
- "At half-time England lead by one goal, scored by Bastin in the twenty-first minute..." Cliff Bastin2nd of 12 goals. , 21'
- "A bad quarter of an hour, however, twenty-five minutes after the resumption settled the match. During this period Bastin scored his second goal and Richardson two in rapid succession." Jimmy Richardson1st of 2 goals. , 71'
- "A bad quarter of an hour, however, twenty-five minutes after the resumption settled the match. During this period Bastin scored his second goal and Richardson two in rapid succession." Cliff Bastin3rd of 12 goals. , 75'
- "A bad quarter of an hour, however, twenty-five minutes after the resumption settled the match. During this period Bastin scored his second goal and Richardson two in rapid succession." Jimmy Richardson2nd of 2 goals. , 77'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 16th of 25 caps
27 years, 0 months, 2 days
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 22nd of 25 caps
30 years, 4 months, 29 days (c)9th captaincy
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 17th of 20 caps
33 years, 1 month, 27 days
- Peter O'DowdChelsea, 3rd of 3 caps
25 years, 3 months, 3 days
- Wilf CoppingLeeds, 2nd of 20 caps
25 years, 9 months, 12 days
- George HuntSpurs, 3rd of 3 caps
23 years, 3 months, 7 days
- Cliff BastinArsenal, 3rd of 21 caps
21 years, 2 months, 15 days
- Eric BrookMan City, 2nd of 18 caps
25 years, 6 months, 2 days
- Coach InfoHerbert Chapman was nominated as head coach for the European tour but did not select the team.
- Goal Disallowed"The Swiss then rallied strongly and actually scored in the closing stages of the game through their veteran leader Max Abegglen, but after some discussion he was ruled off-side."
- Player MilestonePeter O'Dowd's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Richardson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Hunt's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneJimmy Richardson's 1st Goal
- Birmingham Daily Gazette "England's Victory", Monday, 22nd May 1933, page 12.
- The Guardian "England beats Switzerland", Monday 22nd May 1933, page 4.
- England Committee
- Switzerland Technical Commission
- Germany Dr Peco Bauwens
- Up 1 place, gaining 7 ranking points to 2005 points England - 2nd - 1
- Switzerland - 28th