Match No. 184 - Wednesday, 7th December 1932
- "At the end of four minutes Hampson hooked a fast shot into the net..." Jimmy Hampson5th of 5 goals. , 4'
- "[Austria] fought back valiantly, and even a second blow at the end of 27 minutes by the same player failed to shake their morale." Jimmy Hampson4th of 5 goals. , 27'
- "England went further ahead when Houghton converted a free kick awarded for hands, a defender deflecting a tremendous drive into the net." Eric Houghton5th of 5 goals. , 77'
- Assist: Eric Houghton. "...Crooks planted a clever shot well clear of Hiden from a pass by Houghton, following another free kick." Sammy Crooks7th of 7 goals. , 82'
- Harry HibbsBirmingham, 13th of 25 caps
26 years, 6 months, 11 day
- Roy GoodallHuddersfield, 20th of 25 caps
29 years, 11 month, 7 days
- Alf StrangeSheffield Wed, 14th of 20 caps
32 years, 8 months, 5 days
- Ernie HartLeeds, 4th of 8 caps
30 years, 11 month, 4 days
- Eric KeenDerby, 1st of 4 caps
22 years, 2 months, 3 days
- Sammy CrooksDerby, 15th of 26 caps
24 years, 10 months, 22 days
- David JackArsenal, 9th of 9 caps
34 years, 8 months, 4 days
- Jimmy HampsonBlackpool, 3rd of 3 caps
26 years, 8 months, 15 days
- Billy WalkerAston Villa, 18th of 18 caps
35 years, 1 month, 9 days (c)3rd captaincy
- Eric HoughtonAston Villa, 7th of 7 caps
22 years, 5 months, 8 days
- "Within five mintues Goodall hesitated and failed to tackle at the right moment when Sindelar and Zischek made a combined raid, and the latter scored." Karl Zischek, 50'
- "England had not won yet, for Sindelar...broke through the defence with a fine dribble and scored." Matthias Sindelar, 80'
- "The Austrians remained undaunted and forced a corner kick on the left, from which Zischek obtained their third goal." Karl Zischek, 87'
- Rodolphe HidenRodolphe Hiden.
Born 9th Mar 1909, Graz.
- Karl RainerKarl Rainer.
Born 5th Feb 1904, Vienna.
- Karl SestaKarl Sesztak.
Born 18th Mar 1906, Vienna.
- Walter NauschWalter Nausch.
Born 5th Feb 1907, Vienna.
- Josef SmistikJosef Smistik.
Born 28th Nov 1905.
- Karl GallKarl Gall.
Born 5th Oct 1905, Vienna.
- Karl ZischekKarl Zischek.
Born 28th Aug 1910.
- Fritz GschweidlFriedrich Gschweidl.
Born 13th Dec 1901, Vienna.
- Matthias SindelarMatěj Šindelář.
Born 10th Feb 1903, Kozlau.
- Anton SchallAnton Schall.
Born 22nd Jun 1907, Vienaa.
- Adi VoglAdolf Vogl.
Born 4th May 1910, Vienna.
- Player NameKarl Sesta was born Karl Szestak but changed his name.
- Player MilestoneErnie Blenkinsop's 25th Cap
- Player MilestoneEric Keen's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneDavid Jack's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Hampson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneBilly Walker's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneEric Houghton's Last Cap
- British Pathe Newsreel A Near Thing! Canister: 32/98 Film ID: 691.07
- Birmingham Daily Gazette "Better team but three sitters missed", Thursday 8th December 1932, page 12.
- The Guardian "English team lucky to win", Thursday 8th December 1932, page 3.
- Belgium John Langenus
- Up 2 places, gaining 7 ranking points to 2014 points England - 2nd - 2
- Austria - 3rd