Match No. 104 - Tuesday, 1st June 1909, 6pm
- Leopold Neubauer (pen)
- Goal TimesWe have not been able to source all the goal times. The Sporting LIfe gives this commentary: "...three minutes from the re start Woodward obtained third goal, and Austria then scored from a penalty given against Pennington, Holley added a fourth goal, and two minutes later supplemented this with a fifth, both after smart work. Woodward next brought his head into play to some purpose, guided the ball past the goal-keeper from a corner, and Warren having put on a seventh from long range, Halse concluded the scoring with one of the cleverest goals of the match."
- Hat-Trick: Vivian Woodward4th hat-trick (22nd overall). First player to score a hat-trick in consecutive matches. Still a record for number of England hat-tricks.
- Player MilestoneGeorge Richards' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Pentland's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneHarold Halse's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Bridgett's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneVivian Woodward's 25th Goal
- Goal MilestoneHarold Halse's 1st Goal
- Sporting Life "Third Game v Austria", Saturday 5th June 1909, page 8.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Ferenc M Schubert
- England - 1st
- Austria - 18th