Match No. 104 - Tuesday, 1st June 1909, 6pm
- Leopold Neubauer (pen)
- Josef PragerJosef Prager.
Born 15th Nov 1886.
- Heinrich RetschuryHeinrich Retschury.
Born 5th Jan 1887, Vienna.
- Viktor LöwenfeltViktor Löwenfelt.
Born 10th May 1889.
- Arthur PreissArthur Preiss.
- Heinrich LenczewskyHeinrich Lenczewsky.
- Ludwig HussakLudwig Hussak.
Born 31st Jul 1883, Vienna.
- Josef SchediwyJosef Schediwy.
- Karl SchrenkKarl Schrenk.
- Leopold NeubauerLeopold Neubauer.
Born 15th Oct 1889, Vienna.
- Franz ScheuFranz Scheu.
- Sam HardyLiverpool, 10th of 21 caps
25 years, 9 months, 6 days
- Bob CromptonBlackburn, 27th of 41 caps
29 years, 8 months, 5 days
- Ben WarrenChelsea, 19th of 22 caps
30 years, 0 months, 25 days
- Billy WedlockBristol City, 16th of 26 caps
28 years, 7 months, 4 days
- Fred PentlandMiddlesbrough, 5th of 5 caps
25 years, 8 months, 13 days
- Harold HalseMan Utd, Only Cap
23 years, 5 months, 0 days
- Vivian WoodwardSpurs, 21st of 23 caps
29 years, 11 month, 28 days
Centre Forward (c)12th captaincy
- George HolleySunderland, 5th of 10 caps
23 years, 6 months, 11 day
- Arthur BridgettSunderland, 11th of 11 caps
27 years, 5 months, 0 days
- Goal TimesWe have not been able to source all the goal times. The Sporting LIfe gives this commentary: "...three minutes from the re start Woodward obtained third goal, and Austria then scored from a penalty given against Pennington, Holley added a fourth goal, and two minutes later supplemented this with a fifth, both after smart work. Woodward next brought his head into play to some purpose, guided the ball past the goal-keeper from a corner, and Warren having put on a seventh from long range, Halse concluded the scoring with one of the cleverest goals of the match."
- Hat-Trick: Vivian Woodward4th hat-trick (22nd overall). First player to score a hat-trick in consecutive matches. Still a record for number of England hat-tricks.
- Player MilestoneGeorge Richards' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Pentland's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneHarold Halse's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Bridgett's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneVivian Woodward's 25th Goal
- Goal MilestoneHarold Halse's 1st Goal
- Sporting Life "Third Game v Austria", Saturday 5th June 1909, page 8.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- England Committee
- Austria Association Committee
- Hungary Ferenc M Schubert
- No change in rank, gaining 9 ranking points to 2202 points England - 1st
- Austria - 8th