Match No. 1036 - Monday, 26th September 2022, 7:45pm
- Assist: Jude Bellingham. "It was Luke Shaw who offered the glimmer of hope when he rammed home from a Reece James cross. The left-back took a touch on his chest and got his body shape right to score." Luke Shaw3rd of 3 goals. Left-footed from 5 yards., 71' 70:59
- Assist: Bukayo Saka. "When Saka turned on the ball and drifted past two opponents, Mount was on his wavelength, moving into a space on the edge of the area. The weight of Saka’s pass was perfect. Mount crashed a first-time shot past Marc-André ter Stegen." Mason Mount5th of 5 goals. Right-footed from 18 yards., 75' 74:05
- Assist: Jude Bellingham. "Nico Schlotterbeck thought that he had him under control when Bellingham moved towards a Saka pass inside the area. But Bellingham was too fast, Schlotterbeck’s challenge too late and, although it needed the guidance of the VAR, it was a clear penalty. Harry Kane lashed it into the top corner. It was a glorious kind of madness." Harry Kane51st of 59 goals. Right-footed from 12 yards., 83' 82:57 (pen)
- Nick PopeNewcastle Utd, 10th of 10 caps
30 years, 5 months, 7 days
- Reece JamesChelsea, 15th of 16 caps
22 years, 9 months, 18 days
Right Wing Back
- Luke ShawMan Utd, 23rd of 31 caps
27 years, 2 months, 14 days
Left Wing Back
- John StonesMan City, 59th of 67 caps
28 years, 3 months, 29 days
- Eric DierSpurs, 47th of 49 caps
28 years, 8 months, 11 days
- Harry MaguireMan Utd, 48th of 59 caps
29 years, 6 months, 21 days
- Declan RiceWest Ham, 34th of 45 caps
23 years, 8 months, 12 days
- Jude BellinghamDortmund, 17th of 26 caps
19 years, 2 months, 27 days
- Harry KaneSpurs, 75th of 86 caps
29 years, 1 months, 29 days
Centre Forward (c)50th captaincy
- Raheem SterlingChelsea, 79th of 82 caps
27 years, 9 months, 18 days
- Phil FodenMan City, 18th of 27 caps
22 years, 3 months, 29 days
- Kyle WalkerMan City, 70th of 78 caps
32 years, 3 months, 29 days
- Bukayo SakaArsenal, 20th of 30 caps
21 years, 0 months, 21 days
- Mason MountChelsea, 32nd of 36 caps
23 years, 8 months, 16 days
- Jordan HendersonLiverpool, 70th of 78 caps
32 years, 3 months, 9 days
- "...Maguire gave the ball away to Musiala before being bamboozled by a step-over from the former England youth international. The only surprise was that VAR had to intervene to ensure the penalty award." İlkay Gündoğan, 52'51:54 (pen)
- "Maguire was robbed, Germany moved quickly and incisively up the field and Kai Havertz finished with a wonderful curler into the far, top corner." Kai Havertz, 67'66:15
- "...it was a late handling error that blighted his performance. Pope had to do better with a routine shot from the substitute, Serge Gnabry. Instead he coughed it up to Havertz, who had a tap-in for the equaliser." Kai Havertz, 87'86:34
- Marc-André ter StegenMarc-André ter Stegen.
Born 30th Apr 1992, Mönchengladbach.
- Thilo KehrerJan Thilo Kehrer.
Born 21st Sep 1996, Tübingen, Germany.
83:20 "Kehrer is booked for too much yap during the protests over the penalty decision."
- David RaumDavid Raum.
Born 22nd Apr 1998, Nuremberg, Germany.
- Nico SchlotterbeckNico Schlotterbeck.
Born 1st Dec 1999, Waiblingen, Germany.
81:55 Booked for the tackle that brought about the England penalty (see penalty info).
- Niklas SüleNiklas Süle.
Born 3rd Sep 1995, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Joshua KimmichJoshua Walter Kimmich.
Born 8th Feb 1995, Rottweil.
- İlkay Gündoğanİlkay Gündoğan.
Born 24th Oct 1990, Gelsenkirchen.
- Jonas HofmannJonas Hofmann.
Born 14th Jul 1992, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Jamal MusialaJamal Musiala.
Born 26th Feb 2003, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Leroy SanéLeroy Aziz Sané.
Born 11th Jan 1996, Essen.
- Kai HavertzKai Lukas Havertz.
Born 11th Jun 1999, Aachen, Germany.
- Timo WernerTimo Werner.
Born 6th Mar 1996, Stuttgart.
- Serge GnabrySerge David Gnabry.
Born 14th Jul 1995, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Robin GosensRobin Everardus Gosens.
Born 5th Jul 1994, Emmerich am Rhein, Germany.
- Thomas MüllerThomas Müller.
Born 13th Sep 1989, Weilheim.
- Armel Bella-KotchapArmel Bella-Kotchap.
Born 11th Dec 2001, Paris, France.
- Player MilestoneHarry Kane's 50th captaincy
- Player Injury"Stones pulls up while in full flight, grabs the back of his right leg, and drops to the floor [34:28]. Stones limps off shaking his head sadly...Kyle Walker comes on in his place."
- Penalty: İlkay Gündoğan"Masiala dribbles into the England box from the right. He looks to zip past Maguire on the left. Maguire sticks out a leg and brings his man down [49:26]. The referee waves play on … but VAR orders the referee to have a second look. He only needs one more. It’s an obvious penalty. A clumsy challenge. The referee mimes a TV screen, then points to the spot [50:37]. Gundogan...slots confidently into the bottom right [51:54]."
- Penalty: Harry Kane16th scored from 19 taken (84.2%). England's 139th overall. 83rd minute. "...VAR has spotted Schlotterbeck catching Bellingham on the shin with his studs while stretching in the penalty box [79:21]. I think this is going to be a spot kick for England! Yep, it’s a penalty all right [81:37]. Schlotterbeck was clumsy rather than malicious, but he could have hurt Bellingham badly there. Happily the England midfielder is fine to continue. The German defender is booked [81:55], and Kane prepares to take the spot kick. Kane lashes into the top-left corner [82:57]."
- Player MilestoneHarry Kane's 75th Cap
- englandstats.com Digital Archive
- BBC Football
- The Guardian "Germany’s Havertz punishes Pope error to spoil England’s thrilling comeback"
- Netherlands Danny Makkelie
- No change in rank, losing -4 ranking points to 1920 points England - 12th
- Germany - 10th
UEFA Nations League