Federazione Sammarinese Giuoco Calcio
- The enclave state of the Republic of San Marino first played international football in a European Championship qualifier against Switzerland in 1990.
They have the worst record of any European national team having only ever drawn four matches and won one; against Liechtenstein in a friendly in 2004.
Not all the records they hold are negative. They scored the fastest ever goal in a World Cup match when Davide Gualtieri latched on to Stuart Pearce's awful back pass and scored past a bewildered David Seaman during a qualifier in 1994.
The time was just 8 seconds! England finally won the match 7-1 with 4 goals from Ian Wright but results elsewhere meant England were not going to the World Cup 1994 in America and Graham Taylor resigned 6 days later.
The two teams are paired during World Cup qualifying 2022.
Head to head
- World Cup QualifierWCQ
- European Championship QualifierECQ
- SMR, 15th Nov 2021, 10 - 0 (WCQ)
- SMR, 25th Mar 2021, 5 - 0 (WCQ)
- SMR, 5th Sep 2015, 6 - 0 (ECQ)
- SMR, 9th Oct 2014, 5 - 0 (ECQ)
- SMR, 22nd Mar 2013, 8 - 0 (WCQ)
- SMR, 12th Oct 2012, 5 - 0 (WCQ)
- SMR, 17th Nov 1993, 7 - 1 (WCQ)
- SMR, 17th Feb 1993, 6 - 0 (WCQ)
- * Match was concluded via extra time, penalties or both.