Match No. 996 - Saturday, 7th September 2019, 5:00pm
- Assist: Raheem Sterling. "Iliev was guilty of a mix of carelessness and overindulgence as he exchanged passes inside his own penalty area with one centre-half and shaped to play the ball out to his left, where another of the defenders, Vasil Bozhikov, had peeled off. Sterling and Kane were loitering with intent and the goalkeeper got the pass horribly wrong. Sterling, showing wonderful anticipation, nipped in to steal the ball, spun beyond Bozhikov and cut the ball back to Kane, who turned in a relatively simple finish from six yards." Harry Kane23rd of 51 goals. Right-footed from 7 yards., 24' 23:01
- Assist: Marcus Rashford. "...Rashford had raced upfield, enticing the raw challenge from Nikolay Bodurov that led to the Italian referee Marco Guida pointing to the penalty spot. Kane reinforced his reputation as a brilliant penalty-taker, aiming it high and to the left of the goalkeeper..." Harry Kane24th of 51 goals. Right-footed from 12 yards., 49' 48:50 (pen)
- Assist: Harry Kane. "...and the captain was also prominently involved again in the 55th minute, when each of England’s front players played a part in the third goal. That one originated, again, from a mistake in the defence. This time it was Bodurov misplacing a pass. Kane’s interception immediately left England’s opponents short at the back and when Rashford returned the ball to his teammate inside the penalty area it was tempting to think Kane would let fly at goal. Instead, he clipped the ball across the goalmouth and Sterling was running in to add the final touch with his knee." Raheem Sterling9th of 20 goals. Right-footed from 1 yard., 55' 54:44
- "For Bulgaria, the game was now an exercise in damage limitation. Yet their accident-prone defence had badly lost its shape by the time the substitute Kristian Dimitrov fouled Kane to give away the next penalty. Kane aimed it the other way this time and the hat-trick was completed with power and precision." Harry Kane25th of 51 goals. Right-footed from 12 yards., 73' 72:17 (pen)
- Kieran TrippierAtlético Madrid, 17th of 40 caps
28 years, 11 month, 18 days
- Danny RoseSpurs, 28th of 29 caps
29 years, 2 months, 5 days 91:57 Foul on Nedyalkov
- Declan RiceWest Ham, 4th of 37 caps
20 years, 7 months, 24 days
- Michael KeaneEverton, 8th of 12 caps
26 years, 7 months, 27 days 29:47 Late challenge on Marcelinho.
- Raheem SterlingMan City, 52nd of 81 caps
24 years, 8 months, 30 days
- Harry KaneSpurs, 40th of 78 caps
26 years, 1 month, 10 days (c)19th captaincy
- Ross BarkleyChelsea, 30th of 33 caps
25 years, 9 months, 2 days
- Mason MountChelsea, 1st of 34 caps
20 years, 7 months, 28 days
- Jadon SanchoDortmund, 7th of 23 caps
19 years, 5 months, 13 days
- Plamen IlievPlamen Ivanov Iliev.
Born 30th Nov 1991, Botevgrad.
- Strahil PopovStrahil Venkov Popov.
Born 31st Aug 1990, Blagoevgrad.
- Vasil BozhikovVasil Georgiev Bozhikov.
Born 2nd Jun 1988, Gotse Delchev.
- Anton NedyalkovAnton Mihaylov Nedyalkov.
Born 30th Apr 1993, Lovech.
- Nikolay BodurovNikolay Georgiev Bodurov.
Born 30th May 1986, Blagoevgrad.
35:39 Pulling back Rashford.
- MarcelinhoMarcelo Nascimento da Costa.
Born 24th Aug 1984, Manacapuru, Brazil.
- Galin IvanovGalin Stefanov Ivanov.
Born 15th Apr 1988, Kazanlak.
- Georgi SarmovGeorgi Zdravkov Sarmov.
Born 7th Sep 1985, Burgas.
- WandersonWanderson Cristaldo Farias.
Born 2nd Jan 1988, Cruzeiro do Oeste.
- Ivelin PopovIvelin Ivanov Popov.
Born 26th Oct 1987, Sofia.
- Kristiyan MalinovKristiyan Aleksandrov Malinov.
Born 30th Mar 1994, Petrich.
- Nikolay DimitrovNikolay Emilov Dimitrov.
Born 15th Oct 1987, Ruse.
- Kiril DespodovKiril Vasilev Despodov.
Born 11th Nov 1996, Kresna.
- Daniel MladenovDaniel Ventsislavov Mladenov.
Born 25th May 1987, Kyustendil.
- Goal DisallowedKane had a goal disallowed on 19 minutes for offside.
- Penalty: Harry Kane7th scored from 8 taken (87.5%). England's 122nd overall. Rashford gets into the box and drags the ball back only to be fouled by Bodurov. Kane hits the penalty to the keeper's left who dives the wrong way.
- Penalty: Harry Kane8th scored from 9 taken (88.9%). England's 123rd overall. Dimitrov kicks Kane from behind as he tries to shoot. Kane takes the penalty himself and places it high to the keeper's right. 11 penalties scored in a row (Kane 8, Rooney 1, Lallana 1, Rashford 1) equals record from June 1998 to Sep 2003 (Shearer 5, Beckham 5, Owen 1), and from Mar 2011 to Sep 2015 (Lampard 4, Sturridge 1, Rooney 6).
- Hat-Trick: Harry Kane2nd hat-trick (83rd overall).
- Player MilestoneMason Mount's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneHarry Kane's 25th Goal
- englandstats.com Digital Archive
- BBC Football
- The Guardian Harry Kane hits hat-trick in England’s demolition of blundering Bulgaria
- Italy Marco Guida
- No change in rank, gaining 5 ranking points to 1945 points England - 9th
- Bulgaria - 65th
Euro 2020 Q
- Czech Repu...