Match No. 902 - Tuesday, 15th November 2011, 8:00pm
- Assist: Stewart Downing. Some good pressure by England finaly sees the ball passed to Downing who is 25 yards out but level with the left edge of the penalty area.
He is given time to turn and fire in a left-footed cross to the centre of the area. Barry is exactly on the penalty spot and meets the ball first.
It takes a slight deflection off the head of Majstorovic and bounces past the diving keeper into the right side netting just inside the post.
There is no doubt that the deflection was crucial for the ball to enter the net and therefore Barry's header was off target. It was therefore credited as a Majstorovic own goal, however, the referee' report, published after the match, officially credited the goal (incorrectly) to Barry. Gareth Barry3rd of 3 goals, 22' (21:52)
- Joe HartMan City, 16th of 75 caps
24 years, 6 months, 26 days
- Kyle WalkerSpurs, 2nd of 53 caps
21 years, 5 months, 18 days
- Phil JonesMan Utd, 3rd of 27 caps
19 years, 8 months, 23 days
- Gary CahillBolton, 7th of 61 caps
25 years, 10 months, 27 days
- John TerryChelsea, 72nd of 78 caps
30 years, 11 month, 8 days (c)34th captaincy
- Theo WalcottArsenal, 21st of 47 caps
22 years, 7 months, 30 days
- Jack RodwellEverton, 2nd of 3 caps
20 years, 8 months, 4 days
- Bobby ZamoraFulham, 2nd of 2 caps
30 years, 9 months, 30 days
- Gareth BarryMan City, 51st of 53 caps
30 years, 8 months, 20 days
- Scott CarsonBursaspor, 4th of 4 caps
26 years, 2 months, 12 days
- James MilnerMan City, 23rd of 61 caps
25 years, 10 months, 11 day
- Darren BentAston Villa, 13th of 13 caps
27 years, 9 months, 9 days
- Andreas IsakssonJan Andreas Isaksson.
Born 3rd Oct 1981, Smygehamn.
- Mikael LustigCarl Mikael Lustig.
Born 13th Dec 1986, Umeå.
- Olof MellbergErik Olof Mellberg.
Born 3rd Sep 1977, Gullspång.
- Daniel MajstorovićDaniel Majstorović.
Born 5th Apr 1977, Stockholm.
- Martin OlssonMartin Tony Waikwa Olsson.
Born 17th May 1988, Gävle.
- Pontus WernbloomPontus Anders Mikael Wernbloom.
Born 25th Jun 1986.
- Sebastian LarssonBengt Ulf Sebastian Larsson.
Born 6th Jun 1985, Eskilstuna.
- Kim KällströmKim Mikael Källström.
Born 24th Aug 1982, Sandviken.
- Rasmus ElmRasmus Christoffer Elm.
Born 17th Mar 1988, Kalmar.
- Zlatan IbrahimovićZlatan Ibrahimović.
Born 3rd Oct 1981, Malmö.
- Johan ElmanderJohan Elmander.
Born 27th May 1981, Alingsås.
- Jonas OlssonJonas Olsson.
Born 10th Mar 1983, Landskrona.
- Ola ToivonenNils Ola Toivonen.
Born 3rd Jul 1986, Degerfors.
- Christian WilhelmssonChristian Ulf Wilhelmsson.
Born 8th Dec 1979, Malmö.
- Anders SvenssonAnders Gunnar Svensson.
Born 17th Jul 1976, Gothenburg.
- Emir BajramiEmir Bajrami.
Born 7th Mar 1988, Pristina, Kosovo.
- Barry GoalInitially credited as a Daniel Majstorovic own goal after taking a deflection off the Swede it was corrected (incorrectly) later in the referee's report (see goal description and source 2).
- Player MilestoneBobby Zamora's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneScott Carson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneDaniel Sturridge's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneDarren Bent's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneGareth Barry, 22' - 2000th goal scored by England
- englandstats.com Digital Archive
- Telegraph "Gareth Barry officially named scorer of England's 2000th goal in Czech referee final match report"
- Czechia Pavel Královec
- No change in rank, gaining 5 ranking points to 1955 points England - 6th
- Sweden - 13th