Match No. 897 - Saturday, 4th June 2011, 4:45pm
- Assist: Jack Wilshere. "Capello now looked as if he was going to explode in his seat, though at least England pulled back a goal before the interval, Lampard scoring confidently from the spot after Djourou had brought down Wilshere in the area." Frank Lampard22nd of 29 goals. Right-footed from 12 yards., 37' 36:25 (pen)
- Assist: Leighton Baines. "...Young scored an excellent equaliser after five minutes on the pitch, sweeping a crisp, low shot past Benaglio after Leighton Baines had laid back Milner's cross in what looked suspiciously like England's first decent move of the afternoon." Ashley Young2nd of 7 goals. Right-footed from 16 yards., 51' 50:07
- Joe HartMan City, 11th of 75 caps
24 years, 1 month, 15 days
- Glen JohnsonLiverpool, 34th of 54 caps
26 years, 9 months, 12 days
- Ashley ColeChelsea, 89th of 107 caps
30 years, 5 months, 15 days
- Scott ParkerWest Ham, 6th of 18 caps
30 years, 7 months, 22 days
- Rio FerdinandMan Utd, 81st of 81 caps
32 years, 6 months, 27 days
Centre Back 87:50 Desperate challenge on Mehmedi at the byline to stop him getting into the box.
- John TerryChelsea, 68th of 78 caps
30 years, 5 months, 28 days
Centre Back (c)30th captaincy
- Theo WalcottArsenal, 17th of 47 caps
22 years, 2 months, 19 days
- Frank LampardChelsea, 86th of 106 caps
32 years, 11 month, 13 days
- Darren BentAston Villa, 10th of 13 caps
27 years, 3 months, 27 days
- Jack WilshereArsenal, 5th of 34 caps
19 years, 5 months, 3 days
Midfield 63:32 Raised his foot in a challenge on Barnetta and caught him.
- James MilnerMan City, 19th of 61 caps
25 years, 5 months, 0 days
- Leighton BainesEverton, 5th of 30 caps
26 years, 5 months, 24 days
- Ashley YoungAston Villa, 15th of 39 caps
25 years, 10 months, 26 days
- Stewart DowningAston Villa, 27th of 35 caps
26 years, 10 months, 13 days
- "It was the sort of silly goal that should never be conceded at international level, yet all too often is by England. Tranquillo Barnetta swung in a free-kick, Ferdinand and Johan Djourou jumped for the ball and missed, and Hart realised too late that it was going to be up to him to cover the bottom corner" Tranquillo Barnetta, 32'31:15
- "Never let it be said that England are a team who do things by halves, however. Almost unbelievably, they let the same thing happen again three minutes later. The aghast expression had hardly left Capello's face from the first time when Parker brought down Reto Ziegler and Barnetta stepped up again to make Hart look even more foolish at his near post. The goalkeeper did not get much protection from a wall (Milner and Walcott) that obligingly parted to let the shot through, yet even so he was caught unprepared by the accuracy of Barnetta's shot." Tranquillo Barnetta, 35'34:10
- Diego BenaglioDiego Orlando Benaglio.
Born 8th Sep 1983, Zurich.
- Stephan LichtsteinerStephan Lichtsteiner.
Born 16th Jan 1984, Adligenswil.
- Reto ZieglerReto Pirmin Ziegler.
Born 16th Jan 1986, Geneva.
- Philippe SenderosPhilippe Sylvain Senderos.
Born 14th Feb 1985, Geneva.
- Johan DjourouDanon Issouf Johannes Djourou Gbadjere.
Born 18th Jan 1987, Abidjan Ivory Coast.
35:55 Booked for bringing down Wilshere for the penalty.
- Tranquillo BarnettaTranquillo Barnetta.
Born 22nd May 1985, St. Gallen.
- Gökhan InlerGökhan Inler.
Born 27th Jun 1984, Olten.
- Valon BehramiValon Behrami.
Born 19th Apr 1985, Mitrovica, Yugoslavia.
44:31 Tripping Milner.
- Granit XhakaGranit Xhaka.
Born 27th Sep 1992, Basel.
- Eren DerdiyokEren Derdiyok.
Born 12th Jun 1988, Basel.
- Xherdan ShaqiriXherdan Shaqiri.
Born 10th Oct 1991, Gjilan, Yugoslavia.
- Blerim DžemailiBlerim Džemaili.
Born 12th Apr 1986, Tetovo, Yugoslavia.
- Admir MehmediAdmir Mehmedi.
Born 16th Mar 1991, Gostivar, Macedonia.
- Innocent EmegharaInnocent Nkasiobi Emeghara.
Born 27th May 1989, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Player InjuryDerdiyok seems to go down on the pitch innocuously [71:20], play carries on for a while until Milner puts the ball out. He is stretched off and replaced by Mehmedi.
- Penalty: Frank Lampard7th scored from 9 taken (77.8%). England's 102nd overall. 37th minute. Frank Lampard goes above Alan Shearer & Ron Flowers (6 each) with 7 converted penalties. "Capello now looked as if he was going to explode in his seat, though at least England pulled back a goal before the interval, Lampard scoring confidently from the spot after Djourou had brought down Wilshere in the area."
- Player MilestoneRio Ferdinand's Last Cap
- englandstats.com Digital Archive
- BBC Football
- The Guardian Frank Lampard and Ashley Young save face for slapdash England
- Slovenia Damir Skomina
- No change in rank, losing -14 ranking points to 1920 points England - 6th
- Switzerland - 27th
Euro 2012 Q