Match No. 676 - Wednesday, 12th June 1991
- Matlan Marjan, 52'
- Matlan Marjan, 76'
- Abdul Rashid HassanAbdul Rashid Hassan.
Born 17th Jul 1954, Malacca, Malaysia.
- Zaid JamilZaid Jamil.
- Shebby SinghSerbegeth Singh.
Born 20th Aug 1960, Johor, Malaysia.
- Chow Siew YaiChow Siew Yai.
- Lee Kin HongLee Kin Hong.
Born 27th Nov 1964.
- Nasir YusofAbdul Nasir Yusof.
Born 17th Mar 1961.
- Matlan MarjanMatlan Marjan.
Born 18th Oct 1968, Kota Belud, Malaysia.
- Ahmad YusofAli Ahmad Yusof.
Born 3rd Aug 1960, Bayan Lepas, Malaysia.
- Dollah SallehDollah bin Salleh.
Born 23rd Oct 1963, Malacca, Malaysia.
- Zainal Abidin HassanZainal Abidin Hassan Bin Ali.
Born 9th Nov 1961, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Arumugam JayakanthanArumugam Jayakanthan.
Born 20th Sep 1966.
- Azizol Abu HaniffahAzizol Abu Haniffah.
Born 18th Feb 1960, Teluk Intan, Malaysia.
- Khairul Azman MohamedKhairul Azman Mohamed.
Born 5th Mar 1968, Kuantan, Malaysia.
- Assist: Geoff Thomas. "Stuart Pearce's [free-kick] right after kick-off was half-cleared to David Batty, who chipped to Geoff Thomas, whose pass found Lineker free of his marker. The captain struck a left-foot shot just under the bar. It had taken just 42 seconds." Gary Lineker42nd of 48 goals. Left-footed from 13 yards., 1' 00:42
- Assist: Mark Wright. "...another Pearce corner brought the second goal. Mark Wright flicked on a header at the near post and Lineker stabbed in from a range of inches." Gary Lineker43rd of 48 goals. Right-footed from 3 yards., 23'
- Assist: David Platt. "He need two attempts to equal Greaves's record seven minutes later. Hassan parried the first shot, Platt chipped the ball back into the area and Lineker finished with a glancing header." Gary Lineker44th of 48 goals. Header from 3 yards., 30'
- Assist: John Salako. "His last goal was also a header, set up by Pearce's long ball, Platt's pass and John Salako's flick over the substitute goalkeeper." Gary Lineker45th of 48 goals. Header from 4 yards., 70'
- Chris WoodsRangers, 24th of 43 caps
31 years, 6 months, 28 days
- Gary CharlesNotts Forest, 2nd of 2 caps
21 years, 1 month, 29 days
- Stuart PearceNotts Forest, 41st of 78 caps
29 years, 1 month, 18 days
- David BattyLeeds, 5th of 42 caps
22 years, 6 months, 10 days
- Des WalkerNotts Forest, 36th of 59 caps
25 years, 6 months, 16 days
- Mark WrightDerby, 40th of 45 caps
27 years, 10 months, 11 day
- David PlattAston Villa, 22nd of 62 caps
25 years, 0 months, 2 days
- Geoff ThomasPalace, 7th of 9 caps
26 years, 10 months, 7 days
- Nigel CloughNotts Forest, 4th of 14 caps
25 years, 2 months, 24 days
- Gary LinekerSpurs, 68th of 80 caps
30 years, 6 months, 12 days
Centre Forward (c)8th captaincy
- John SalakoPalace, 4th of 5 caps
22 years, 4 months, 1 day
- WeatherThe temperature was 95F & humidity was 100%.
- Goal TimeGary Lineker's first goal was timed at 42 seconds.
- Hat-Trick: Gary Lineker5th hat-trick (71st overall). 30 minutes between first and the third goal. Scored a fourth in the second half as well.
- Player MilestoneGary Charles' Last Cap
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- The Guardian "Lineker overtakes Greaves and chases Charlton", Thursday 13th June 1991, page 16.
- Official Match Programme
- Malaysia Letchmanasamy Kathirveloo
- Down 1 place, gaining 1 ranking points to 2002 points England - 3rd - 1
- Malaysia - 124th