Match No. 581 - Sunday, 19th June 1983
- Phil Neal, 27' (og)
- Terry GreedyTerry Greedy.
Born 27th Aug 1955, Australia.
- Alan DavidsonAlan Edward Davidson.
Born 1st Jun 1960, Melbourne.
- Charlie YankosCharlie Yankos.
Born 29th May 1961, Melbourne.
- David RatcliffeDavid Ratcliffe.
Born 9th Mar 1957, England.
- Steve O'ConnorStephen OConnor.
Born 24th Nov 1954, Sydney.
- Graham JenningsGraham Jennings.
Born 18th Jan 1960, Newcastle, Australia.
- Joe WatsonJoseph Watson.
Born 1st Jan 1952, Fife, Scotland.
- Jimmy CantJimmy Cant.
Born 24th Sep 1953, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Kenny MurphyKenneth Murphy.
Born 19th Jun 1956, Dundee, Scotland.
- John KosminaAlexander John Kosmina.
Born 17th Aug 1956, Adelaide.
- Phil O'ConnorPhilip Kelvin O'Connor.
Born 10th Oct 1953, Romford, England.
- Assist: Sammy Lee. "England had promised much with Francis's goal in the 23rd minute. Lee...rolled a free kick to Francis on the edge of the area, and he almost burst the roof of the net with his shot." Trevor Francis12th of 12 goals, 23'
- Peter ShiltonSouthampton, 53rd of 125 caps
33 years, 9 months, 1 day (c)8th captaincy
- Phil NealLiverpool, 49th of 50 caps
32 years, 3 months, 27 days
- Sammy LeeLiverpool, 7th of 14 caps
24 years, 4 months, 12 days
- Terry ButcherIpswich, 19th of 77 caps
24 years, 5 months, 22 days
- Trevor FrancisSampdoria, 40th of 52 caps
29 years, 2 months, 0 days Time Unknown
- Paul WalshLuton Town, 3rd of 5 caps
20 years, 8 months, 18 days
- Gordon CowansAston Villa, 7th of 10 caps
24 years, 7 months, 23 days
- John BarnesWatford, 4th of 79 caps
19 years, 7 months, 12 days
- Nigel SpinkAston Villa, Only Cap
24 years, 10 months, 11 day
- Danny ThomasCoventry, 2nd of 2 caps
21 years, 7 months, 7 days
- Missed Penalty: Trevor Francis1st miss from 1st taken (0.0%). England's 65th overall. Buther was brought down in the area and Francis had to take the penalty twice. First time he scored but the referee disallowed the goal because he had not blown the whistle. He then carded Francis and the re-take was hit over the bar.
- Player MilestoneNick Pickering's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneNigel Spink's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneDanny Thomas' Last Cap
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- The Guardian "Sweet and sour Francis", Monday 20th June 1983, page 20.
- Australia Jack Johnston
- No change in rank, losing -7 ranking points to 2008 points England - 4th
- Australia - 49th