Match No. 485 - Wednesday, 5th June 1974
- Ilija Petković, 23'
- Branko Oblak, 46'
- Enver MarićEnver Marić.
Born 16th Apr 1948, Mostar.
- Iko BuljanIvan Buljan.
Born 11th Dec 1949, Runovici.
- Petar KrivokućaPetar Krivokuća.
Born 12th Jun 1947, Rokci.
- Dražen MužinićDražen Mužinić.
Born 25th Jan 1953, Split.
- Josip KatalinskiJosip Katalinski.
Born 12th May 1948, Sarajevo.
- Vladislav BogićevićVladislav Bogićević.
Born 7th Nov 1950, Belgrade.
- Ilija PetkovićIlija Petković.
Born 22nd Sep 1945, Knin.
- Branko OblakBranko Oblak.
Born 27th May 1947, Ljubijana.
- Ivica ŠurjakIvica Šurjak.
Born 23rd Mar 1953, Split.
- Jovan AćimovićJovan Kule Aćimović.
Born 21st Jun 1948, Belgrade.
- Dragan DžajićDragan Džajić.
Born 30th May 1946, Ub.
- Enver HadžiabdićEnver Hadžiabdić.
Born 6th Nov 1945, Belgrade.
- Dušan BajevićDušan Bajević.
Born 10th Dec 1948, Mostar.
- Ray ClemenceLiverpool, 5th of 61 caps
25 years, 10 months, 0 days
- Emlyn HughesLiverpool, 36th of 62 caps
26 years, 9 months, 8 days (c)7th captaincy
- Alec LindsayLiverpool, 4th of 4 caps
26 years, 3 months, 7 days
- Colin ToddDerby, 9th of 27 caps
25 years, 5 months, 24 days
- David WatsonSunderland, 6th of 65 caps
27 years, 8 months, 0 days
- Kevin KeeganLiverpool, 8th of 63 caps
23 years, 3 months, 19 days
- Mick ChannonSouthampton, 19th of 46 caps
25 years, 6 months, 7 days
- Colin BellMan City, 39th of 48 caps
28 years, 3 months, 7 days
- Mercer: Last MatchJoe Mercer's last match in charge.
- Keegan ArrestedOn arrival in Belgrade airport from Sophia on 3rd June, Keegan was arrested and beaten by overzealous security guards who claimed he was "jumping on the baggage transporter in the customs zone". All England players and press with Keegan refuted the allegations and dismissed the charges as unfounded. Keegan received a "swollen and bloody nose and a sore stomach" and there were doubts he would play but he recovered enough to be in the starting line-up. Whether the ordeal was an orchestrated attempt to "rough up" England's best player or whether it subduded his performance is debatable. He scored England's second goal.
- Player MilestoneAlec Lindsay's Last Cap
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Italy Sergio Gonella
- No change in rank, gaining 2 ranking points to 1967 points England - 4th
- Yugoslavia - 7th