Match No. 273 - Saturday, 4th October 1952
- Charlie Tully, 15'
- Charlie Tully, 46'
- Goal infoTully's first goal went directly in from a corner.
- Player InjuriesMcMorran and Dickinson clashed heads half way through the first half, and they both had to go off for stitches. Dickinson returned ten minutes later but McMorran only came back during the second half.
- Player MilestoneEddie Baily's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneNat Lofthouse's 10th Goal
- Goal MilestoneBilly Elliott's 1st Goal
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Douglas Gerrard
- England - 5th - 2
- Ireland - 48th