Match No. 27 - Saturday, 27th March 1886
- George Sommerville, 80'
- James McAulayJames McAulay.
Born 28th Aug 1860, Bonhill.
- Wattie ArnottWalter Arnott.
Born 12th May 1861, Govan.
- Michael PatonMichael Paton.
Date of birth unknown, Scotland.
- Charles CampbellCharles Campbell.
Born 1854, Coupar Angus.
- John MacDonaldDr. John Macdonald.
Born 24th Dec 1861, Inverness.
- Alexander HamiltonAlexander Hamilton.
Born 24th Jul 1865, Scotland.
- William SellarWilliam Sellar.
Born 21st Sep 1866.
- George SommervilleGeorge Somerville.
Born 1860, Glasgow.
- Joseph LindsayJoseph Lindsay.
Born 13th Nov 1858, Dumbarton.
- Woodville GrayWoodville Gray.
Born 10th Jun 1866, Govan.
- Ralph AitkenRalph Allan Aitken.
Born 16th Feb 1863, Kilbarchan.
- Herby ArthurBlackburn, 4th of 7 caps
23 years, 1 month, 13 days
- Norman BaileyClapham, 16th of 19 caps
28 years, 8 months, 4 days (c)12th captaincy
- Ralph SquireCambridge Uni, 2nd of 3 caps
22 years, 6 months, 17 days
- Jimmy ForrestBlackburn, 5th of 11 caps
21 years, 9 months, 3 days
- George BrannSwifts, 1st of 3 caps
20 years, 11 month, 4 days
- Nevill CobboldOld Carthusians, 5th of 9 caps
23 years, 1 month, 23 days
- Player MilestoneBenjamin Spilsbury's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Brann's 1st Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2013)
- Wales Alexander Hunter
- No change in rank, gaining 14 ranking points to 1912 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st