Match No. 254 - Sunday, 14th May 1950
- Henrique Ben David, 48'
- Henrique Ben David, 59'
- Manuel Vasques, 70'
- Ernesto OliveiraErnesto Nogueira do Oliveira.
Born 28th Jul 1921, Lisbon.
- Virgílio MendesVirgílio Marques Mendes.
Born 17th Nov 1926, Entroncamento.
- Ângelo CarvalhoÂngelo Ferreira Carvalho.
Born 3rd Aug 1925, Portugal.
- Serafim BaptistaSerafim Pereira Baptista.
Born 21st May 1925, Portugal.
- Félix Assunção AntunesFélix Assunção Antunes.
Born 14th Dec 1922, Barreiro.
- Francisco FerreiraFrancisco Ferreira.
Born 23rd Aug 1919, Guimarães.
- Rogério PipiRogério Lantres de Carvalho.
Born 7th Dec 1922, Lisbon.
- Manuel VasquesManuel Soeiro Vasques.
Born 29th Jul 1926, Barreiro.
- Henrique Ben DavidHenrique de Sena Ben David.
Born 5th Dec 1926, Mindelo, Cape Verde.
- José TravassosJosé António Barreto Travassos.
Born 22nd Feb 1926, Lisbon.
- AlbanoAlbano Narciso Pereira.
Born 21st Dec 1922, Seixal.
- Carlos CanárioCarlos Augusto Ribeiro Canário.
Born 10th Feb 1918, Portalegre.
- Octávio BarrosaOctávio dos Santos Barrosa.
Born 21st Dec 1920, Lisbon.
- "...a shot from Finney in the third minute skimmed the crossbar. Finney was tripped two minutes later. He took the kick himself and calmly placed the ball past the goalkeeper." Tom Finney15th of 30 goals. , 5' (pen)
- Assist: Wilf Mannion. "The game was 15 minutes old when Mortensen got a beautiful goal. He was put through by Mannion and deftly sliding past the Portuguese defenders scored with a great drive." Stan Mortensen18th of 23 goals. , 15'
- "...England got the third goal after 28 minutes play. Milburm and Bentley had a hand in the goal, which was netted cleverly by Finney." Tom Finney16th of 30 goals. , 28'
- "...Finney, in the tenth minute [of the second half], dribbled through the Portuguese defence on the left and put a shot wide of the keeper." Tom Finney17th of 30 goals. , 55'
- Assist: Stan Mortensen. "...Mortensen had his legs taken from under him by Barrosa, and England were awarded a penalty...Finney, again taking the kick, calmly and cooly put the ball wide to the right of the Portuguese goalkeeper." Tom Finney18th of 30 goals. , 72' (pen)
- Alf RamseySpurs, 4th of 32 caps
30 years, 3 months, 23 days
- Jack AstonMan Utd, 13th of 17 caps
28 years, 8 months, 11 day
- Billy WrightWolves, 28th of 105 caps
26 years, 3 months, 8 days (c)13th captaincy
- Bill JonesLiverpool, 1st of 2 caps
29 years, 0 months, 1 day
- Jackie MilburnNewcastle Utd, 6th of 13 caps
26 years, 0 months, 3 days
- Roy BentleyChelsea, 3rd of 12 caps
25 years, 11 month, 28 days
- Wilf MannionMiddlesbrough, 18th of 26 caps
31 years, 11 month, 29 days
- Tom FinneyPreston NE, 24th of 76 caps
28 years, 1 month, 9 days
- Penalty: Tom Finney1st scored from 1 taken (100.0%). England's 23rd overall. "Finney was tripped [and] took the kick himself and calmly placed the ball past the goalkeeper."
- Penalty: Tom Finney2nd scored from 2 taken (100.0%). England's 24th overall. "...Mortensen had his legs taken from under him by Barrosa, and England were awarded a penalty...Finney, again taking the kick, calmly and cooly put the ball wide to the right of the Portuguese goalkeeper."
- Hat-Trick: Tom Finney1st hat-trick (42nd overall). 50 minutes between first and third goals.
- Player MilestoneBill Jones' 1st Cap
- Western Morning News "Brilliant Finney had hard job beating Portugal", Monday 15th May 1950, page 8.
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Italy Giuseppe Carpani
- No change in rank, gaining 5 ranking points to 2070 points England - 2nd
- Portugal - 25th