Match No. 209 - Friday, 14th May 1937
- Henry JohansenHenry Johansen.
Born 21st Jul 1904, Kristiania.
- Nils EriksenNils Eriksen.
Born 5th Mar 1911, Skien.
- Øivind HolmsenØivind Holmsen.
Born 28th Apr 1912.
- Frithjof UllebergFrithjof Ulleberg.
Born 10th Sep 1911.
- Jørgen JuveJørgen Juve.
Born 22nd Nov 1906, Porsgrunn.
- Rolf HolmbergRolf Holmberg.
Born 24th Aug 1914.
- Odd FrantzenOdd Frantzen.
Born 20th Jan 1913, Bergen.
- Reidar KvammenReidar Kvammen.
Born 23rd Jul 1914, Stavanger.
- Alf MartinsenAlf Martinsen.
Born 29th Dec 1911, Lillestrom.
- Magnar IsaksenMagnar Nikolai Isaksen.
Born 13th Oct 1910.
- Arne BrustadArne Brustad.
Born 14th Apr 1912, Oslo.
- England went ahead after 18 minutes, Kirchen swerving round Ulleberg and scoring with a hard drive which just scraped in under the crossbar. Alf Kirchen1st of 2 goals. , 18'
- Assist: Len Goulden. "Goulden took a shot, and although there was little sting behind it, Holmsen, the Norwegian left back, failed to connect properly, and deflected the ball into his own goal." Nikola Kovachev, 38' (og)
- "Galley increased their lead with a left-footed shot from 30 yards out, which went well wide of the goalkeeper." Tom GalleyOnly Goal. , 40'
- Assist: Vic Woodley. "Woodley's goal kick went to Steele, who was standing unmarked, and the Stoke centre-forward had little difficulty in steering the ball wide of Johansen to make England's total 4-0." Freddie Steele2nd of 8 goals. , 43'
- Assist: Alf Kirchen. "Kirchen broke away on the right and finished with a fine pass to Steele, who headed an easy goal to put England five up." Freddie Steele3rd of 8 goals. , 61'
- "Goulden, going through on his own, scored with a good left-footed shot." Len Goulden1st of 4 goals. , 85'
- Vic WoodleyChelsea, 2nd of 19 caps
27 years, 2 months, 16 days
- George MaleArsenal, 14th of 19 caps
27 years, 0 months, 6 days
Right Back (c)4th captaincy
- Ted CatlinSheffield Wed, 4th of 5 caps
27 years, 4 months, 3 days
- Cliff BrittonEverton, 8th of 9 caps
27 years, 8 months, 16 days
- Alf YoungHuddersfield, 4th of 9 caps
31 years, 6 months, 10 days
- Wilf CoppingArsenal, 11th of 20 caps
29 years, 8 months, 28 days
- Alf KirchenArsenal, 1st of 3 caps
24 years, 0 months, 16 days
- Tom GalleyWolves, 1st of 2 caps
21 years, 9 months, 10 days
- Freddie SteeleStoke City, 4th of 6 caps
21 years, 0 months, 8 days
- Len GouldenWest Ham, 1st of 14 caps
24 years, 9 months, 29 days
- Joe JohnsonStoke City, 3rd of 5 caps
26 years, 1 month, 10 days
- Match InfoScandinavian tour of Norway, Sweden and Finland. The players wore squad numbers.
- Player MilestoneAlf Kirchen's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneTom Galley's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneLen Goulden's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneAlf Kirchen's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneTom Galley's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneLen Goulden's 1st Goal
- The Times "England beat Norway", Saturday 15th May 1937, Page 5
- Denmark Ejner Ullrich
- Up 2 places, gaining 17 ranking points to 1929 points England - 6th - 2
- Norway - 16th