Match No. 1005 - Sunday, 11th October 2020, 5:00pm
- Assist: Jordan Henderson. "England fashioned their lifeline out of nothing after Meunier put his hand on Henderson’s shoulder as they jostled at a corner. The stand-in England captain went down, his screams audible inside the empty stadium, and the German referee, Tobias Stieler, felt that it added up to a modern penalty...Rashford’s penalty was perfect." Marcus Rashford11th of 17 goals. Right-footed from 12 yards., 39' 38:26 (pen)
- Assist: Kieran Trippier. "Mount’s goal came after Kieran Trippier had headed back a deep Trent Alexander-Arnold cross and it contained a slice of luck, his shot deflecting off Toby Alderweireld and looping into the far, top corner." Mason Mount2nd of 5 goals. Right-footed from 16 yards., 64' 63:51
- Jordan PickfordEverton, 27th of 58 caps
26 years, 7 months, 4 days
- Kieran TrippierAtlético Madrid, 23rd of 46 caps
30 years, 0 months, 22 days
Left Wing Back
- Kyle WalkerMan City, 50th of 81 caps
30 years, 4 months, 14 days
- Eric DierSpurs, 43rd of 49 caps
26 years, 8 months, 27 days
- Harry MaguireMan Utd, 27th of 62 caps
27 years, 7 months, 6 days
- Declan RiceWest Ham, 10th of 48 caps
21 years, 8 months, 28 days
Midfield 31:25 Foul tackle on Witsel.
- Jordan HendersonLiverpool, 56th of 81 caps
30 years, 3 months, 24 days
Midfield (c)7th captaincy
- Mason MountChelsea, 9th of 36 caps
21 years, 9 months, 1 days
- Marcus RashfordMan Utd, 39th of 59 caps
22 years, 11 months, 11 days
- Harry KaneSpurs, 48th of 89 caps
27 years, 2 months, 14 days
- Kalvin PhillipsLeeds, 3rd of 31 caps
24 years, 10 months, 9 days
- Reece JamesChelsea, 2nd of 16 caps
20 years, 10 months, 3 days
Right Wing Back
- Jadon SanchoDortmund, 14th of 23 caps
20 years, 6 months, 17 days
- "The opening goal exposed a mismatch in terms of pace between Eric Dier and Lukaku as they chased a ball up the inside right. The Belgium centre-forward gave his man a head start but he hoovered up the ground and he was in control of the situation by the time he entered the area. Dier was unnerved and he seemed to panic, sliding into a challenge that was risky to say the least. He got none of the ball and went into Lukaku’s legs. It was a mess. Lukaku converted from the spot." Romelu Lukaku, 16'15:24 (pen)
- Simon MignoletSimon Luc Hildebert Mignolet.
Born 6th Mar 1988, Sint-Truiden, Belgium.
- Toby AlderweireldTobias Albertine Maurits Alderweireld.
Born 2nd Mar 1989, Antwerp.
- Jason DenayerJason Grégory Marianne Denayer.
Born 28th Jun 1995, Jette.
- Dedryck BoyataAnga Dedryck Boyata.
Born 28th Nov 1990, Brussels.
- Thomas MeunierThomas Meunier.
Born 12th Sep 1991, Sainte-Ode.
37:39 Pulling back Henderson for England's penalty.
- Axel WitselAxel Laurent Angel Lambert Witsel.
Born 12th Jan 1989, Liège, Belgium.
- Kevin De BruyneKevin De Bruyne.
Born 28th Jun 1991, Ghent.
- Youri TielemansYouri Tielemans.
Born 7th May 1997, Sint-Pieters-Leeuw.
- Romelu LukakuRomelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli.
Born 13th May 1993, Antwerp, Belgium.
- Timothy CastagneTimothy Castagne.
Born 5th Dec 1995, Arlon.
- Yannick CarrascoYannick Ferreira Carrasco.
Born 4th Sep 1993, Vilvoorde.
- Yari VerschaerenYari Verschaeren.
Born 12th Jul 2001, Antwerp.
- Jérémy DokuJérémy Doku.
Born 27th May 2002, Antwerp.
- Covid-19Played behind closed doors during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Goal DisallowedCarrasco has the ball in the net after 10 minutes for Belgium but it is ruled out after Castagne strays offside and impedes Pickford's view.
- Penalty: Romelu Lukaku"The opening goal exposed a mismatch in terms of pace between Eric Dier and Lukaku as they chased a ball up the inside right. The Belgium centre-forward gave his man a head start but he hoovered up the ground and he was in control of the situation by the time he entered the area. Dier was unnerved and he seemed to panic, sliding into a challenge that was risky to say the least. He got none of the ball and went into Lukaku’s legs. It was a mess. Lukaku converted from the spot."
- World's BestEngland beat the FIFA number 1 ranked side for the second time. First - v Spain 12th Nov 2011.
- Penalty: Marcus Rashford2nd scored from 2 taken (100.0%). England's 127th overall. 39th minute. "The stand-in England captain [Henderson] went down, his screams audible inside the empty stadium, and the German referee, Tobias Stieler, felt that it added up to a modern penalty...Rashford’s penalty was perfect."
- Player MilestoneKyle Walker's 50th Cap
- englandstats.com Digital Archive
- BBC Football
- The Guardian "England sink Belgium in Nations League thanks to Mount's lucky break"
- Germany Tobias Stieler
- Up 3 places, gaining 22 ranking points to 1995 points England - 7th - 3
- Belgium - 2nd
UEFA Nations League