Match No. 573 - Wednesday, 15th December 1982, 7:45pm
- Assist: Luther Blissett. "In the 18th minute Lee broke up some loose play with a precise pass out to Coppell on the right. Robson then swung the movement across to the left and sent Blissett clear of his marker. The Watford player drove the ball low into the goalmouth and Bossie [sic] saw his attempted clearence inadvertently deflected into the net by Moes." Marcel Bossi, 18' (og)
- Assist: Bryan Robson. "Four minutes later Moes was having to collect the ball from his net again...This time Blissett gave Robson a chance to centre and as the Luxembourg defence stood waiting for the ball to drop, Coppell emerged from behind a sole Meunier to head past Moes in a gentle arc." Steve Coppell7th of 7 goals, 22'
- Assist: Alvin Martin. "England's third goal, which arrived 10 minutes before half time, was the result of a measured set-piece in which the Luxembourg defence aquiesced. Martin met Coppell's corner from the right with a precise header forward and Woodcock ducked low to head in." Tony Woodcock11th of 16 goals, 35'
- "Blissett's first goal in international football came on the stroke of half-time. A smart triangular passing movement by Neal and Robson sent in Woodcock for a shot which was blocked by Rohmann...The ball bounced to Blissett, who found himself clear and on-side and he scored easily." Luther Blissett1st of 3 goals, 44'
- "[Blissett] added a fifth, and his second just past the hour..." Luther Blissett2nd of 3 goals, 62'
- "Chamberlain then won his first cap when he replaced Coppell and within six minutes of taking the field had beaten Moes." Mark ChamberlainOnly Goal, 71'
- "Blissett scored his third goal, following up to head in smartly after Woodcock had hit the bar..." Luther Blissett3rd of 3 goals, 86'
- "Hoddle scored the eigth with a typical well-struck half-volley." Glenn Hoddle5th of 8 goals, 87'
- "Neal completed the scoring in the 90th minute when Moes, the overworked Luxembourg goalkeeeper, turned his low cross in by the near post." Phil Neal4th of 5 goals, 90'
- Ray ClemenceSpurs, 60th of 61 caps
34 years, 4 months, 10 days
- Phil NealLiverpool, 42nd of 50 caps
31 years, 9 months, 23 days
- Kenny SansomArsenal, 31st of 86 caps
24 years, 2 months, 19 days
- Bryan RobsonMan Utd, 26th of 90 caps
25 years, 11 month, 4 days (c)2nd captaincy
- Alvin MartinWest Ham, 6th of 17 caps
24 years, 4 months, 27 days
- Terry ButcherIpswich, 11th of 77 caps
23 years, 11 month, 18 days
- Steve CoppellMan Utd, 41st of 42 caps
27 years, 5 months, 6 days
- Sammy LeeLiverpool, 2nd of 14 caps
23 years, 10 months, 8 days
- Gary MabbuttSpurs, 3rd of 16 caps
21 years, 3 months, 23 days
- Glenn HoddleSpurs, 14th of 53 caps
25 years, 1 month, 19 days
- Jeannot MoesJeannot Moes.
Born 11th May 1948, Waasserbëlleg.
- Jean-Paul GirresJean-Paul Girres.
Born 6th Jan 1961, Luxembourg City.
- Hubert MeunierHubert Meunier.
Born 14th Dec 1959, Differdange.
- Marcel BossiMarcel Bossi.
Born 14th Jan 1960.
- Nico RohmannNico Rohmann.
Born 23rd Nov 1952.
- Johny ClemensJohn Clemens.
Born 30th Sep 1958.
- Guy HellersGuy Hellers.
Born 10th Oct 1964.
- Carlo WeisCarlo Weis.
Born 4th Dec 1958, Luxembourg City.
- Gilbert DreschGilbert Dresch.
Born 14th Sep 1954.
- Jeannot HoffmannJeannot Hoffmann.
Born 25th Mar 1934.
- Marcel Di DomenicoMarcel Di Domenico.
Born 17th Jun 1955, Differdange.
- Alain NurenbergAlain Nurenberg.
Born 23rd Mar 1961.
- Goal Not GivenIn the second minute Mabbutt headed the ball against the bar, as the ball came down Blissett followed up with another header only for Moes to claw the ball back from what appeared to be behind the line. After consulting his linesman the referee declined to award the goal.
- Hat-Trick: Luther Blissett1st hat-trick (65th overall).
- Player MilestoneMark Chamberlain's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneLuther Blissett's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneMark Chamberlain's 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- The Guardian "Blissett leads goal charge", Thursday 16th December 1982, page 20.
- Iceland Hreidar Jonsson
- No change in rank, with no loss of ranking points to 2017 points England - 3rd
- Luxembourg - 138th
Euro 84 Qualifying