Match No. 478 - Wednesday, 3rd April 1974
- Vítor DamasVítor Manuel Afonso Damas de Oliveira.
Born 8th Oct 1947, Lisbon.
- Francisco RebeloFrancisco Moreira Silva Rebelo.
Born 12th Oct 1947, Setúbal.
- Humberto CoehloHumberto Manuel de Jesus Coelho.
Born 20th Apr 1950, Cedofeita.
- José MendesJosé de Jesus Mendes.
Born 16th Jan 1947, Portugal.
- Artur CorreiaArtur Manuel Soares Correia.
Born 18th Apr 1950, Lisbon.
- Octávio MachadoOctávio Joaquim Coelho Machado.
Born 6th May 1949, Palmela.
- ArnaldoArnaldo José da Silva.
Born 1st Feb 1944, Bissau, Guinea.
- ToniAntónio José da Conceição Oliveira.
Born 14th Oct 1946, Mogofores.
- Rui JordãoRui Manuel Trindade Jordão.
Born 9th Aug 1952, Benguelea, Angola.
- Vitor BaptistaVítor Manuel Ferreira Baptista.
Born 18th Oct 1948, Setúbal.
- Jacinto JoãoJacinto João.
Born 25th Jan 1944, Luanda, Angola.
- Vitor PereiraVítor Manuel Pereira.
Born 18th Jan 1953, Barreiro.
- Valter CostaValter Manuel Pereira da Costa.
Born 25th Nov 1949, Barreiro.
- Romeu SilvaRomeu Fernando Fernandes da Silva.
Born 4th Mar 1954, Vila Praia de Âncora.
- David NishDerby, 2nd of 5 caps
26 years, 6 months, 7 days
- Mike PejicStoke City, 1st of 4 caps
24 years, 2 months, 9 days
- David WatsonSunderland, 1st of 65 caps
27 years, 5 months, 29 days
- Colin ToddDerby, 2nd of 27 caps
25 years, 3 months, 22 days
- Stan BowlesQPR, 1st of 5 caps
25 years, 3 months, 10 days
- Mick ChannonSouthampton, 12th of 46 caps
25 years, 4 months, 5 days
- Martin PetersSpurs, 66th of 67 caps
30 years, 4 months, 25 days (c)4th captaincy
- Alan BallArsenal, 66th of 72 caps
28 years, 10 months, 22 days
- Ramsey: Last MatchSir Alf Ramsey's last match in charge.
- Player MilestonePhil Parkes' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneMike Pejic's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneMartin Dobson's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneDavid Watson's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneStan Bowles' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneTrevor Brooking's 1st Cap
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Spain Emilio Guruceta
- No change in rank, with no loss of ranking points to 1977 points England - 4th
- Portugal - 14th