Match No. 379 - Wednesday, 27th May 1964
- Iván BorodiakIván Borodiak.
Born 22nd Apr 1940, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Andy RaczAndy Racz.
Born 4th Dec 1932, Hungary.
- Horst RickHorst Rick.
Born 19th Dec 1936, Germany.
- Justo GarciaJusto Garcia.
- Charles HorváthKároly Charles Horváth, Hungary.
- Walter ChyzowychWalter Chyzowych.
Born 20th Apr 1937, Poland.
- Mike NohaMykhaylo Noha, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Andy MateAndrew Mate.
Born 19th Mar 1940, Budapest, Hungary.
- Ed MurphyEdward John Murphy.
Born 6th Nov 1930, Inchinnan, Scotland.
- Richard WildRichard Wild.
- Assist: Terry Paine. "Roger Hunt put England a goal up within two minutes of the start of the match...Paine's shot rebounded from Schwart, and Hunt hit the ball into the net from close range." Roger Hunt3rd of 18 goals. , 2'
- Assist: George Eastham. "Eastham floated over an excellent cross [from a corner] and Pickering soared above the defence to head the ball past the goal-keeper." Fred Pickering1st of 5 goals. Header from yards., 6'
- Assist: Terry Paine. "Hunt made it 3-0 for England in the 22nd minute. Terry Paine...broke through the American defence and Hunt hit home the ball from the underside of the bar." Roger Hunt4th of 18 goals. , 23'
- Assist: Peter Thompson. "From Thompson's corner, however, Pickering fired home England's fourth goal." Fred Pickering2nd of 5 goals. , 47'
- "Paine added a fifth less than a minute later, when his shot hit left-back [R]acz and was deflected inot the goal." Terry Paine5th of 7 goals. , 49'
- Assist: Terry Paine. "In the 54th minute, Hunt completed his hat-trick by adding England's sixth goal - side-footing the ball into the net after Paine had beaten two men." Roger Hunt5th of 18 goals. , 54'
- "Charlton, playing a brilliant game, got England's seventh goal after 22 minutes of the second half when he beat two men to hit the ball home left-footed from near the penalty spot." Bobby Charlton33rd of 49 goals. Left-footed from 12 yards., 67'
- "Paine, showing too much speed for Racz, got the eighth in the 23rd minute [of the second half] when he put the ball into the top left-hand corner of the net." Terry Paine6th of 7 goals. , 68'
- "In the 27th minute [of the second half] Pickering hit his own third and England's ninth goal by seizing on a loose ball near the penalty-spot and ramming it home." Fred Pickering3rd of 5 goals. , 72'
- "Hunt got his fourth goal and England's 10th in the 84th minute - but by this time no one seemed to care." Roger Hunt6th of 18 goals. , 84'
- Gordon BanksLeicester, 11th of 73 caps
26 years, 4 months, 28 days
- George CohenFulham, 4th of 37 caps
24 years, 7 months, 5 days
- Bobby ThomsonWolves, 2nd of 8 caps
20 years, 5 months, 22 days
- Mike BaileyCharlton, 1st of 2 caps
22 years, 3 months, 0 days
- Maurice NormanSpurs, 17th of 23 caps
30 years, 0 months, 19 days
- Ron FlowersWolves, 44th of 49 caps
29 years, 9 months, 30 days
Left Half (c)1st captaincy
- Terry PaineSouthampton, 8th of 19 caps
25 years, 2 months, 4 days
- Roger HuntLiverpool, 4th of 34 caps
25 years, 10 months, 7 days
- Fred PickeringEverton, 1st of 3 caps
23 years, 4 months, 8 days
- George EasthamArsenal, 11th of 19 caps
27 years, 7 months, 4 days
- Peter ThompsonLiverpool, 3rd of 16 caps
21 years, 6 months, 0 days
- Bobby CharltonMan Utd, 53rd of 106 caps
26 years, 7 months, 16 days
- Player InjuryGeorge Eastham "had to limp off after a kick on a calf."
- Hat-Trick: Roger Hunt1st hat-trick (58th overall).
- Hat-Trick: Fred Pickering1st hat-trick (59th overall).
- Player MilestoneMike Bailey's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Pickering's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneFred Pickering's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneFred Pickering, 6' - 1100th goal scored by England
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- Daily Mail "Merciless England thrash Americans", Thursday, 28th May 1964, page 16.
- London Evening Standard "Annihilation!", Thursday 28th May 1964, page 30.
- Birmingham Evening Mail and Dispatch "England attack overrun U.S.", Thursday, 28th May 1964, page 6.
- Canada Ray Morgan
- No change in rank, gaining 5 ranking points to 1957 points England - 3rd
- United States - 82nd