Match No. 768 - Saturday, 3rd June 2000, 4:00pm
Malta 1 - 2 England
- : Richard Wright faced 3 penalties during the game, all taken by David Carabott. The first had to be re-taken because of encroachment. Then, the re-taken penalty rebounded from the frame striking Wright on the back of the head and resulted in Malta's goal. Wright then saved a third in the 88th minute.
- Player Milestone: Richard Wright's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Paul Ince's 50th Cap
- Goal Milestone: Emile Heskey's 1st Goal
- Please Note: A small portion of data on this page is from unverified sources, mostly other websites where the information is genuine but lacks source notes. We are striving to make sure that all data on Englandstats is from verified contemporary sources. Whilst this does not mean that the data above is inaccurate please use caution when citing Englandstats as a reference for this page. We are working to verify all our sources and provide source notes as soon as we can. Currently 83.34% of 2239 pages verified.