Match No. 750 - Tuesday, 30th June 1998, 9:00pm
England 2 - 2 Argentina
AET & PSO
World Cup Finals (World Cup 98) Round of Sixteen
- David Beckham: Red Card: David Beckham is sent off for an impetuous retaliatory kick at Diego Simeone after being fouled by the Argentinian. Simeone is booked for the foul.
- Campbell: Goal Not Given: Sol Campbell has a goal struck off on 81 minutes. Alan Shearer is adjudged to have fouled the 'keeper Roa.
- Argentina win 4-3 on Penalty Kicks:
Sergio Berti scored
Alan Shearer scored
Hernan Crespo saved by David Seaman
Paul Ince saved by Carlos Roa
Juan Sebastian Veron scored
Paul Merson scored
Marcelo Gallardo scored
Michael Owen scored
Roberto Ayala scored
David Batty saved by Carlos Roa
Argentina progress to the World Cup 98 quarter finals.
- Penalty: Alan Shearer: 2nd scored from 3 taken.
- Match Milestone: England's 750th Match
- Please Note: A small portion of data on this page is from unverified sources, mostly other websites where the information is genuine but lacks source notes. We are striving to make sure that all data on Englandstats is from verified contemporary sources. Whilst this does not mean that the data above is inaccurate please use caution when citing Englandstats as a reference for this page. We are working to verify all our sources and provide source notes as soon as we can. Currently 83.63% of 2248 pages verified.