Match No. 45 - Saturday, 5th March 1892, 4:00pm
- Team Selection: The FA, for the third time, drew up two teams that played matches simultaneously. A mixed team of gentlemen amateurs and professionals played Wales (match 44) whilst a predominantly northern professional team played Ireland.
- Player Injury: "[During the first half,] Pedan, the Irish outside left forward, and a tower of strength to his side, got his leg hurt in a collision with Holt, and had to be carried from the field." Ireland played the rest of the match with 10 men.
- Missed Penalty: Sam Torrens had a penalty kick saved by Bill Rowley in the dying minutes of the game.
- Player Milestone: Jack Cox's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Michael Whitham's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Charlie Athersmith's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: John Hargreaves Pearson's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: John Devey's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Harry Daft's 1st Captaincy
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade