Match No. 40 - Saturday, 5th April 1890, 3:40pm
- John McPherson 30?
- Attendance Record: New world record attendance.
- Umpires: C. Campbell for Scotland and RP Gregson for England.
- Disputed Captain: The English captain is credited in one source as just Walters. As there were two on the pitch it is not certain which one it was, but as the senior brother both in age and caps we think it would have been Percy Walters. He had captained three times before whilst his brother had not.
- Goal Milestone: Harry Wood's 1st Goal
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 7th April 1890, Page 10.
- Bristol Mercury "England v Scotland", Monday 7th April 1890, page 2.
- Dundee Courier "Scotland v England", Monday 7th April 1890, page 4.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade