Match No. 262 - Saturday, 14th April 1951
- Robert Johnstone, 33'
- Lawrie Reilly, 47'
- Billy Liddell, 54'
- Player Injury: Wilf Mannion fractured a cheekbone and was stretched off after 11 minutes. England played on with 10
- Player Injury: Stan Mortensen failed to appear after the interval because of a injury sustained in the first half. After England went 2-1 down Mortensen reappeared.
- Player Milestone: Wilf Mannion's 25th Cap
- Player Milestone: Harold Hassall's 1st Cap
- Goal Milestone: Harold Hassall's 1st Goal
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)