Match No. 23 - Saturday, 28th February 1885
- Referee: Several sources state that Tom Lawrie refereed this match whilst several other sources state that it was James McKillop.
- Goal Time: Jimmy Brown's goal time is unknown but it was scored in the 2nd half.
- Disputed Goal Scorer: Some sources credit Joe Lofthouse's goal as a William Eames own goal.
- Player Milestone: Herby Arthur's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Percy Melmoth Walters' 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Arthur Melmoth Walters' 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Joe Lofthouse's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Benjamin Spilsbury's 1st Cap
- Goal Milestone: Charlie Bambridge's 10th Goal
- Goal Milestone: Benjamin Spilsbury's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: Joe Lofthouse's 1st Goal
- Please Note: A small portion of data on this page is from unverified sources, mostly other websites where the information is genuine but lacks source notes. We are striving to make sure that all data on englandstats is from verified contemporary sources. Whilst this does not mean that the data above is inaccurate please use caution when citing englandstats as a reference for this page. We are working to verify all our sources and provide source notes as soon as we can. Currently 45% of 2512 pages verified.