Match No. 220 - Wednesday, 26th October 1938
- Match Info: Match to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the FA.
- Controversial Match: The match was declared official by the FA and caps were awarded. FIFA took a different stance in 2001 when they retrospectively declared the match unofficial on the grounds that only individual countries can play international matches. However, FIFA allowed caps to still stand, confusing the issue further. The FA still maintain that the match is official and we believe this makes more sense despite FIFA's retro-downgrading.
- Player Milestone: Eddie Hapgood's 25th Cap
- The Times "England beat Rest of Europe", Thrusday 27th October 1938, Page 7
- British Pathe Newsreel England v Rest of Europe at Highbury, Canister: 38/86, Film ID: 987.16